Horn replacement

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Narrow. Somewhat blind approach. Crazy current. Lots of traffic especially when bridge has been down, idiots not letting the boats being pushed by the current thru first, idiots not GOING when they need to GO!, idiots passing everyone waiting for the bridge to open like they think we're all just spending the day in reverse not waiting for the bridge....I could go on...

View attachment 22255
Check out the knucklehead in this vid

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Dennis, not to mention the phone gazers nowdays while driving their boats!

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Narrow. Somewhat blind approach. Crazy current. Lots of traffic especially when bridge has been down, idiots not letting the boats being pushed by the current thru first, idiots not GOING when they need to GO!, idiots passing everyone waiting for the bridge to open like they think we're all just spending the day in reverse not waiting for the bridge....I could go on...

View attachment 22255

know it all too well :rolleyes:

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Sometimes my horn works and sometimes it doesn't. So I carry one of these at the helm. It seems just as loud to me, if not louder than boat horn. And lung-powered always works. I have more confidence in it. And, along with PLB and strobe light, it's another item to attach to inflatable vest when I'm solo.

Attwood 2460-7 Bellow Signal Horn, Lung-Powered, Meets USCG Rule 33 (Annex III) and EPA Regulations, 8 Inches H x 3 ½ Inches W​

Brand: attwood
4.5 out of 5 stars 186 ratings

Price:$22.07 & FREE Returns

BrandAttwood
ColorUnspecified
MaterialOther
Item Dimensions LxWxH2.99 x 0.98 x 2.01 inches
Noise Level110 dB

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I have one of those, and yes it is loud. Problem is, the sound comes out a few inches from the user’s ear, and deafens you after one or two blasts. Being able to hear fog signals it’s just as important as sending them.
Another plus for the modern VHF radio, with loud hailer, which not only sends your signals, but also listens for you, and electronically amplifies what it hears.

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Hey Dennis, I just purchased a new Ongaro twin horn as mine finally just was not working well anymore. Installed it and wow, it is loud!
Now, why is that?
I took apart my old one and hmmm, maybe a good reason why the sound was muted! Now, the question is how to stop bugs from building nests inside the horns?
Ongaro Horn issue.jpg