Hose stretcher needed,,,,,,,

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Grady White Model
Sailfish
I replaced my hoses and it wasn't too awful of a job. Just connect the old to the new hose with a barb fitting or pvc pipe and put some screws in then pull it through.

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Grady White Model
Sailfish
I replaced my hoses and it wasn't too awful of a job. Just connect the old to the new hose with a barb fitting or pvc pipe and put some screws in then pull it through.
Ooops...didn't see the pic until after I posted. Seems you already pulled the hoses. That might be fun trying to fish them to the holes to pull them through now. But anyhow, new hoses is the right way to go. Mine too were very old, but looked very good. I think they would have been fine, but didn't want to tempt fate under the deck.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Grady White Model
Seafarer
Ooops...didn't see the pic until after I posted. Seems you already pulled the hoses. That might be fun trying to fish them to the holes to pull them through now. But anyhow, new hoses is the right way to go. Mine too were very old, but looked very good. I think they would have been fine, but didn't want to tempt fate under the deck.
I checked under the deck from all the access ports and can reach everything. Made sure before I pulled them out. Hoses run through conduit under the deck to the tanks, straight shot. The bend is going up to the fills, which I can see and get to very easily.

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Grady White Model
Sailfish
Good deal! Some of these models, including mine, if you pull the hose first, likely will never find a way to get them through again without having to put in some deck acces plates!