If I didn't already have a dock-box

Bama96

Reaction score
Ok I am getting one this weekend. Is the gas shock decent? You think it will rust up quick and stop working? Great find Capt. Bill. :D

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
O.K guys, you got me hooked. I think i will change my "Stanley" dock box to this. Can somebody post the link again or George, do you know the size of it?

sel1005

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
buy now.... LOL on me.....

another reason to buy this one and add a lock:

After many years of zero movement on my dock, rods, reels, cast nets, tackle box, brush, you name it, I walked out last year to find my dock empty, everything gone. Some AH / kids had come by the night before and literally stolen $500+ of gear off the dock.

So.... Big guy that I am, I go buy lumber, hinges, locks, screws, etc. Built my own giant dock box, heavy enough that no one could consider breaking into. Lid was just as heavy, super duty. As I was fastening the safety chain on, the lid fell forward in the wind.....

Hit me in the arm and head, knocked me out. Fortunately not off the dock too. Huge chunk of my arm gone, smashed my watch, bleeding like crazy. Woke up thinking WTF happened here????

Bottom line: when you can buy heavy duty plastic, pre-made, DO IT!!

Don't look like me, keep it simple, worst case, drill a few holes and add a heavy duty bike lock.

Capt Armchair

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks Cap Bill. I bought two, one for my dock and one for my pool. Took about an hour to put it together. Nice box for sure and the sale price is great.