I'm back - sorry to be absent

luckydude

Reaction score
Website
mcvoy.com
Model
Seafarer
Had some health issues, still not 100% but I'll be out fishing on my 228 in a week or so.
I've made some good friends here, looking at you magic bill, but not just you.
You guys have all been great, I'll step up more, I love this forum.

I'll try and be better.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Miss having you around, of course, but your health is number one. Here's hoping your fishing prediction will come to pass.

Hope your ok. Good vibes sent your way....

Reactions: SmokyMtnGrady

Byram

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sportsman

luckydude

Reaction score
Website
mcvoy.com
Model
Seafarer
And in 49 minutes a bunch of love. I love this forum, you guys are great. I'll try not to check out.

On a different topic, my buddy that I got into a 236 had the fuel line go out, got towed in by a 208 adventure. It would appear that us Grady people take care of each other. Love that.

luckydude

Reaction score
Website
mcvoy.com
Model
Seafarer
So my health problems came to a head, hernia, I think it is pretty common for people my age (I'm 59). I had the belly button hernia for 15 years, it was fine, and then it wasn't. I went to the emergency room, they took one look at me and said "we're going to get you some pain meds". Yeah, it was not fun. If you have one, go get it sorted before the pain, the pain is not fun.

On the I'm an idiot part, the guy who got me into ocean fishing had the same operation. He was complaining, it hurt. I came home and I had all the local drugs and I thought this was going to be easy, my buddy was a wuss. Then the local wore off. The pain was so much that I could not sleep the night after the surgery. That was with vicodin or whatever they gave me.

It has slowly gotten better. I want to get out and fish, I'll get there but man do I get it, it kicks your ass. If you have this, get it fixed before you have the pain. My thing was a belly button that pushed out. If that is you, you will thank me if you go get it fixed before it gets bad.

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
So my health problems came to a head, hernia, I think it is pretty common for people my age (I'm 59). I had the belly button hernia for 15 years, it was fine, and then it wasn't. I went to the emergency room, they took one look at me and said "we're going to get you some pain meds". Yeah, it was not fun. If you have one, go get it sorted before the pain, the pain is not fun.

On the I'm an idiot part, the guy who got me into ocean fishing had the same operation. He was complaining, it hurt. I came home and I had all the local drugs and I thought this was going to be easy, my buddy was a wuss. Then the local wore off. The pain was so much that I could not sleep the night after the surgery. That was with vicodin or whatever they gave me.

It has slowly gotten better. I want to get out and fish, I'll get there but man do I get it, it kicks your ass. If you have this, get it fixed before you have the pain. My thing was a belly button that pushed out. If that is you, you will thank me if you go get it fixed before it gets bad.
Hope you have a speedy recovery, good luck getting back on the water soon

HTHM

Reaction score
I guess you didn't go "HOO HOO" like the Pillsbury doughboy when you got fingertipped in the stomach.

mhinch

Reaction score
I can feel your pain. Was there last June, same emergency type thing.
Get well soon and I wish you a speedy recovery

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Had the dreaded hernia in '04. Surgery fixed it, followed orders to the letter and am fine.

To this day I am careful what I lift and not to strain myself. It ain't worth it.

As mentioned, good to hear from you!

Slim grady

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
New to the board. Don't know ya but glad your still around..... Enjoy that 228

Fishtales

Reaction score
Mend up and get some help pulling in those fish!

Alweidner

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Had some health issues, still not 100% but I'll be out fishing on my 228 in a week or so.
I've made some good friends here, looking at you magic bill, but not just you.
You guys have all been great, I'll step up more, I love this forum.

I'll try and be better.
Hope all is well and welcome back. I enjoy your posts as I have a 2021 228 on order due in mid June.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Well Lucky, your screen name says it all. Get well soon. my brother had a hernia in his groin. He loves to gravel and Mountain bike and his has failed twice in terms of the surgery. he is good to go now.
I hope you get back on the deck , get in the helm and chase what ever it is you guys in California chase, white sharks, seals, tuna , sea otters and such . lol . Here is too tight lines and fair seas.

I am meeting up with KY Grady in the Florida Keys . I am going to impart my nickles worth of dolphin fishing skills to him and his buddy . We will be trolling the weed lines in our 228s. Little does he know I get 50% of his catch while I am on his boat . lol.

This forum is an island of relatively politeness in the sea of wretchedness we all call the interwebs. Heal up soon. Your Grady is calling .

luckydude

Reaction score
Website
mcvoy.com
Model
Seafarer
This forum is an island of relatively politeness in the sea of wretchedness we all call the interwebs. Heal up soon. Your Grady is calling .

I could not agree more. I love this forum, I can't say enough good about it. You nailed it. If you get out to california you have a place to stay. With a Grady.