Information on my engines

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Amen, but I have to wait till next month. I have soent my allotment this month heh

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Well hell, why didn’t ya lead with that? Lol....stoopeed cowling;)

All in all, I used to build computers for companies so they could submit them to pc mags for awards...won many awards back in the pentium days heh....stopped building my own because I got tired of having to warranty them. Last few years, I got spoiled when Dell replaced a broken XPS with an Alienware, for free...and being cheap, I was not about to pay 8-12k for a damn pc I wanted...so built my own. Still cost me more than I ever thought to spend, but reminded me how much I enjoyed building fast machines.

The point being, have not worked on engines and such since I left the Navy. After years of lugging a wrench, swore I was going to work with my head vs my hands....but sure feels good getting back to it after a long time away...but have to see the engine inside and out before I can get my mind wrapped around it.
Navy sent a crew down to see us in GITMO because we had taken a water plant onboard ship designed to max out at 1666 gallons an hour and produced over 2300 an hour. They wanted to know what we had done heh....good times;)

Anyway, have a good day....coffee is almost ready;)

wrxhoon

Reaction score
Russ, sometimes it pays to use your hands as well as the head,
KY as usual very helpful, by the way that boat with the 4.2 looks a bit neglected .

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Russ, sometimes it pays to use your hands as well as the head,
KY as usual very helpful, by the way that boat with the 4.2 looks a bit neglected .

Yeah, I'll not reveal the owner of that boat. He hadn't had time to clean it up yet when that pic was taken. It's cleaned up now.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Yea, it is amazing...30 years ago, life was so less complicated...lol. Welp, I have a plan now, just time and money;)

all will be good after July though...daddy pays off the loan we took out to get electricity at the ranch...so has more flexibility to get stuff fixed heh. World becomes a lot more comfortable then lol