Is the 215 good offshore for fishing? Can you add a hardtop?

Gradywhiteonthehorizon

Reaction score
11755 3rd Street E Treasure Island, FL33706
Model
Seafarer
I’ve got it with disc brakes. Actuators... meaning the winch, I presume? I’ m definitely going with the hardtop too. It’s good to hear for the best value and fit too. It took a lot of research to get to this point.

Thanks again Holokai.

keep in touch.

GWPW

GreatGrady Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.gwperformancewelding.com
I like the hull of the 215. I really want to mix pleasure with offshore fishing. I’d like to go 20-30 miles out. Is that feasible with this boat?

As far as adding a hardtop, either canvas or fiberglass is should be able to be done without any problems. If you would like to contact us about it we can discuss more details about what you are looking for and what we can offer you. All of our tops are custom built to what the customer wants and needs.

GWPW

GreatGrady Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.gwperformancewelding.com
Hi Glen, and thank you for responding. I have not seen any 215’s with a hardtop. However, I have seen 235’s. Grady reps haven’t seen the 215’s with hardtops either? What have you seen on your end?

Taking a quick look at some pictures online of the boat it appears like it shouldn't be much of a problem as long as there is a access to where the legs would get mounted for through bolting. The issues with dual console boats and doing hardtops can be dealing with the windshield opening and how that lays, and with many of the older dual consoles they were so low and when you put a top on them it just wouldn't look right.