Jabsco Head; Lights Flashing?

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
1563556006283.jpegFirst time on new to me 282 and this LED light in the head is flashing. I’m guessing that means the holding tank is full?

If so, any internal valves that need to be opened of closed before I connect up to a pump out?

Lastly, which pump does the pumping, my on-board pump or the marina’s pump?

Thanks for the help from an obvious newbie. Wasn’t ready for this issue quite so soon!

Thanks, Rob

1563556006283.jpeg

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
For pump out service you just connect to the marina pump out and there equipment does all the work. The on board pump is for discharge overboard when you are in legal water to discharge. The holding tank is only 10 gallons . Good luck

seasick

Reaction score
There should be a Y valve. Turning it one way directs the tank output to the pump out fitting. The opposite angle of the valve connects the tank output tot he overboard discharge, through the discharge pump/macerator and the thru hull sea cock. There are regulation for discharge. By me and most coastal areas, you have to be at least 3 miles off shore. In addition, the Y valve has to be kept in the dock pump out position except when more than 3 miles out AND it has to be locked in that position using a lock or possible a tie wrap. I can't say where the switch is for the macerator. I am not familiar with your boat model.
You should also research the model of valve you ve to make sure you know which setting is pumpout vs discharge.

RobboNJ

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Resurrecting this old thread. Wahoo, did you ever resolve the flasing lights on your Jabsco? I also have a 282 (2008) and have the exact same flashing lights on my controls. Appreciate any input on how to resolve this. I do believe my holding tank is nearly empty.

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I hope this link at the bottom to another thread comes through. Since my very newbie posting, FishTaleAle made a posting titled:

Jabsco Manual or Electric Head System - Troubleshooting Ideas - 38110 or 38111 Series​

His posting contains much more info than I ever knew about the waste system. I was fortunate. I just emptied the tank at a pump-out and then followed the instructions to re-calibrate the display.

Good luck.

Rob

RobboNJ

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Wahoo, thanks for this info. I will give it a good read. I also plan to pump out the tank as soonn as possible. And thanks to FishTalAle.

Reactions: wahoo33417

Fishtales

Reaction score
The tank is quite small. It will fill up quick. Need to keep an eye on it and either discharge or pump out often. Don’t let it fill up.