Just need to brag a minute.

Chessie246G

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
Bought by Grady back in November after looking for a bigger boat for almost a year. Spent the past 7 months with a total refresh. Bottom paint removed, all new hoses, thru hulls, partial rewire (removing cobbled auto store crap). Luckily had a great boss that let me keep it at the shop i work at then moved to his shop at his house. Gave me access to the garage to work in during the colder months. Free power, water, ect..... The time has finally come to take the boat the marina. Which he offered to deliver for me. Well, he is out of town for 2 weeks. What does he do.... gives me the keys to his brand spanking new GMC Diesel one ton.... Told me not to put fuel in it. And to save the receipt from the first fill up and he would cover it..... Likely a $600 bill. He watched me bust my ass to get this thing done. and said he appreciated my work ethic with both my personal life and the work I put in for him.

Just wanted to gloat a little and say I work the for the best small business owner ever!!!!

teaklejr

Reaction score
That's awesome what a great guy. What part of MD are you in? We keep our boat off the Patapsco on Nabb's Creek.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I grew up in a neighborhood where all the guys busted their asses to get ahead. As a kid, I thought all guys were like that. Decades later with kids of my own, Ive realized most people don't have that drive. Thankfully your owner recognizes a person with passion and drive. Be appreciative of his recognition, but don't take it for granted. It goes both ways.
Congrats on your build!

Sdfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Your boss is a smart guy, he knows you have and will work as hard for him. Great story and best of luck on your new boat!

Reactions: Chessie246G

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Make sure your boss gets out on that boat for a cruise or a fishing trip! Congratulations!

Chessie246G

Reaction score
Model
Explorer

That's awesome what a great guy. What part of MD are you in? We keep our boat off the Patapsco on Nabb's Creek.

I used to fish the Patapsco a good bit a few years back. Curtis bay and in front of the port authority was on fire 3 years ago. The Stripers were not up there last year for some reason. Started fishing the middle bay much more. I have a little more range going from a 17ft boat to a 24ft.

nuclear

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Your boss is a smart guy, he knows you have and will work as hard for him. Great story and best of luck on your new boat!
This. It's hard to retain workers right now and even harder to get new ones. One of my friends just got a 10k raise for no reason other than that his company doesn't want him to leave.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Here you go Joe: