LED stern lights keep burning out

MashpeeMan

Reaction score
A few years ago I replaced the (incandescent) stern light pole on my 2001 192 with an LED light pole. For some reason these LED's keep burning out. Does anybody have any suggestion, or should I just go back to the incandescent? I even tried replacing the Pergo light base (and everything worked fine for a few minutes until again the latest light burned out). Thanks for any advice!

enfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Yep, what Glacierbaze says. I'd check it with the engine running too. LED's are very sensitive to current and voltage and don't like it if they are overpowered for too long. Your engine charging circuit probably jumps the voltage at the light to 14 or 15 volts if it's not regulated.

Reactions: MashpeeMan

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Hi,

FYI: I have a stern pole light that I will sell for 1/2 of retail, if you need it. It came off of my 2018 306 Canyon, when I went to a RADAR post with a light pole.

MashpeeMan

Reaction score
Hi,

FYI: I have a stern pole light that I will sell for 1/2 of retail, if you need it. It came off of my 2018 306 Canyon, when I went to a RADAR post with a light pole.
Thank you... west marine is allowing me to trade in the burned out LED that I have. Appreciate it though.

Fishtales

Reaction score
intermittent connections could be an issue. ensure clean and good contacts in the female end.