Lee Jr outrigger pole guides

Saltyone

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
My outrigger poles were not rigged when I bought the boat, so I'm looking to put new rigging on them. I noticed it's missing a couple of the guides. Anyone have a source for a replacement or recommendation for new ones?

Thanks

Stephnic

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I agree contact Lee tackle great to deal with you’ll have everything you need in a week.

Saltyone

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Thanks.

Anyone with a 265 run double lines on their outriggers? Debating if I want to run a single or double, just wasn't sure if running a double is a pain to deal with. First boat with outriggers

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Doubles are not bad. Run doubles on all 3 outriggers on my 330. That said, if you are worried about it, rig em single, and change later. I've found it helpful to run different colored halyards for long and short - have a lot of people fishing on my boat and I can tell them to use the blue halyards, and not the long ones. Makes it a bit easier.

Reactions: Saltyone

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Thanks.

Anyone with a 265 run double lines on their outriggers? Debating if I want to run a single or double, just wasn't sure if running a double is a pain to deal with. First boat with outriggers
IMG_2280.jpeg

They don't have guides in every hole. they skip every other...
I take them apart into 3 sections where its just screws for winter storage.

They are 1/4-20 if I remember right. I got the screws and the threaded "spacer" thing from hardware places. If i didn't have CRS I would be able to tell you what thats called and where I got them.
You might find 1/4-20 eyelet screws.
The problem to find is the nylon inserts.
Lee has all of that available for a high price.

I run doubles. Black 400# on long, Blue 400# on short.
I added rollers to the tops. Big thumbs up on that.

see https://www.greatgrady.com/threads/outrigger-pulleys-on-lee-jrs.30990/

....looking at my old post I remember now that the eyelets are long and go all the way thru and have a nyloc nut.
I must have done that..or the PO.. ..or both of us... probably it was way cheaper than the LEE kit. I do remember buying something to get them together and it wasn't from LEE's.
hehe now I rememebr that the Lee screws fell out of a couple guides because they are not locknuts and I didn't put new loctite when I put them together...

The Lee kit has eyelets (guides) for all 6 holes. So maybe I should try that???

https://store.leetackle.com/apoutriggerconnectorset.aspx

Last edited:

Saltyone

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
They don't have guides in every hole. they skip every other...
I take them apart into 3 sections where its just screws for winter storage.

They are 1/4-20 if I remember right. I got the screws and the threaded "spacer" thing from hardware places. If i didn't have CRS I would be able to tell you what thats called and where I got them.
You might find 1/4-20 eyelet screws.
The problem to find is the nylon inserts.
Lee has all of that available for a high price.

I run doubles. Black 400# on long, Blue 400# on short.
I added rollers to the tops. Big thumbs up on that.

see https://www.greatgrady.com/threads/outrigger-pulleys-on-lee-jrs.30990/

....looking at my old post I remember now that the eyelets are long and go all the way thru and have a nyloc nut.
I must have done that..or the PO.. ..or both of us... probably it was way cheaper than the LEE kit. I do remember buying something to get them together and it wasn't from LEE's.

The Lee kit has eyelets (guides) for all 6 holes. So maybe I should try that???

https://store.leetackle.com/apoutriggerconnectorset.aspx
My poles are different than yours. The only threaded eye is towards the top of the pole, but mine is also missing the spike. The rest of the pole doesnt have any holes. The guides are like this. I thought about just drilling holes and using a threaded eye like how you have yours, but I already ordered these. I still may drill though as that seems more permanent and wont have to deal with the plastic getting brittle.

lees-outrigger-pole-guide-rings_uehhqo_1400x.jpg

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I don’t know what brand poles you have. I wouldn’t go drilling holes in the middle of the pole the holes in mine are where they overlap and insert into each other. If you drill holes in the pole, it’s going to break there.

my poles are definitely Lee’s brand 18 ft to fit Lee wishbone juniors

Saltyone

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I assume mine are Lee's as well, as the eyelet guides pictured above are for a Lee's. My poles insert into one another. I havent tried to see if they come apart, but I may give that a try. If i was going to drill, it would be in the same location as yours, where the poles overlap.

Last edited:

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I assume mine are Lee's as well, as the eyelet guides pictured above are for a Lee's. My poles insert into one another. I havent tried to see if they come apart, but I may give that a try. If i was going to drill, it would be in the same location as yours, where the poles overlap.
maybe... but I've never seen Lee rigger poles that didn't screw together...except the telescoping ones...

Various size poles with various bases. You have to match poles and bases.