Listing to Starboard

HolyMoses

I have a 2017 306 canyon. It has twin 300’s. Nothing has been modified. When on plane the boat leans to the starboard so that I have to trim the tab down 2 to 3 clicks or light indicators. This is my 5th Grady and I have never had this problem. It happens every time whether full of fuel or empty. With just me or loaded with people. Has anyone else ever had this problem especially with this model. Thanks

Fishtales

I find that all planing hulls have some instability when they get up. I've notice my boat leans depending on fuel and passenger weight. If people move from side to side I have to adjust the tabs a bit.
Bennett makes an auto trim module that will self adjust. It could be that the layout of the 306 is more sensitive. Hopefully others will chime in.

wrxhoon

All boats are sensitive to lean when out of the water on full plane . Have you tried turning around and going backwards to see if the lean changes to port or even not leaning at all? I find in open sea with currents she will lean on either side depending on current/wind. If she always leans on starboard you probably have more weight on starboard try loading the port side more.
I try to load my boat so she doesn't lean, I even make someone move to achieve that, I use the tabs to compensate for wind and current, not uneven load.

HolyMoses

I have dealt with what both of you are talking about. This hull always leans to the starboard in calm water with no wind or currents and just me in the boat with no load. I have even taken the mechanic at the dealer with me. He doesn’t understand what is causing it. As I said in my earlier post. I have had 2 20 footers a 27 and a 28 before this boat and never had this issue. The 27 was much narrower than this boat and much more sensitive to weight distribution. All of those boats were Grady’s.

blindmullet

Next time you pull up to a Sandy check the tabs. Do they both deploy the same? There is a spring applying 80#s of force to return the tabs. If one of the o-rings is weak in the actuator it may return a bit.

igblack87

I have the same issue - 180 Fisherman but I list to port...drives me nuts. on plane, I can run in a true straight line but I still sometimes have that list to the port side. I have not water or rot in the boat.