Looking for 265 Grady White Expeess

Martin O’Rourke

Reaction score
@ Martin O’Rourke have you seen this 265 Express that was just listed a couple of days ago on Pop Yachts? I'd be calling on that bad boy first since it's way closer to you, has a trailer, radar and so on as opposed to the one out here in Seattle.

I actually just flew down to Charleston South Carolina this morning and checking out a 2008 265 Edgewater Express. The 265 Grady in Washington just accepted my offer but already bought tickets to fly down here. Seems pretty nice, twin 250’s. Am going through it tomorrow with the broker. A lot cheaper shipping from South Carolina to Rhode Island vs Washington. The only reason I want a trailer is ti be able bring it home if I have to work on it and bring it home in the winter. I love both of these boats. I’ll let you guys know how I made out. The one in Washington though sounds like it’s been in heated lift dry dock since 2011. Only time it saw water and sunlight was when being used. That one is still not out of the question. The only thing is the year of the engines and only one of them have had the exhaust done. Als spoke with someone on here that has one in NJ with new 200 Suzuki’s with 150 hours that may sound interesting.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I would call Cataumet Boats in Bourne. I am in the market for a Marlin and when in there buying some service/parts I asked if anything was coming in on consignment or trade. Although no Marlins at the time they had a customer who was going to have a 265 up for sale with twin HPDI's, one with a new powerhead. I have not seen it on their website but it might be worth a call. Their service department has always been very friendly in my experience.
I could be wrong but I think the OP wants 4 stroke motors.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I actually just flew down to Charleston South Carolina this morning and checking out a 2008 265 Edgewater Express. The 265 Grady in Washington just accepted my offer but already bought tickets to fly down here. Seems pretty nice, twin 250’s. Am going through it tomorrow with the broker. A lot cheaper shipping from South Carolina to Rhode Island vs Washington. The only reason I want a trailer is ti be able bring it home if I have to work on it and bring it home in the winter. I love both of these boats. I’ll let you guys know how I made out. The one in Washington though sounds like it’s been in heated lift dry dock since 2011. Only time it saw water and sunlight was when being used. That one is still not out of the question. The only thing is the year of the engines and only one of them have had the exhaust done. Als spoke with someone on here that has one in NJ with new 200 Suzuki’s with 150 hours that may sound interesting.
People will say just about anything to get you interested in the boat. One of the previous boats that I was looking at potentially buying the seller said it had always been kept out of the water on a lift or a trailer. But then a surveyor went out, inspected it and it had a ton of water intrusion into the hull of the boat, and especially the transom as well as the bow. If you agree on a price with the seller, spend the extra money to have a surveyor come out to take a look at the boat you're interested in buying. Come up with a contingent offer or deal based on a favorable survey and then go from there after they inspect it and you take it for a sea trial run. Also, I thought you were looking specifically at a Grady White 265 Express? No offense or anything but you seem to be all over the place with what you're looking for… you go from blowing up the forum desperate to find “the one” and reviving almost a dozen outdated threads, some of which are years old, to now you're looking at a boat that isn't even a Grady White. I’m so confused… especially since you wanted me to take the time to go look at the 265 here locally that you also now have an accepted offer on yet are looking at a different boat? Eek :oops:

Last edited:

TMC PARTS

Reaction score
Website
www.taylormarinecenter.com
i know a guy here in delaware that has been back and forth about selling his 2002 (i believe) 265 express, it has twin 225 ox66 yamaha motors on it. boat runs well and is clean from what i understand. he does keep it in the water, but also trailers it as well. no moisture issues that he has ever been aware of. spends allot of time maintaining it. i can reach out to him to see if he has a number in mind since i believe he is going to upgrade to 30+ ft this coming season. he is the original owner of the boat as well

Uncle Binky

Reaction score
Funny thing - I bought a 2005 265 Express out of Boston and had a trailer made by Continental in Miami - got too busy so my wife flew out, bought a truck in Ft Lauderdale and hauled it back to Seattle on her own. We've run nearly 100 miles out for albacore with this boat and have loved every minute of owning it. The helm layout sets the Express apart from all other boats, and the transom mounted engines allow us to fish around the stern with 6.5 - 7' rods. My advice, for what it's worth, is to be patient. One will certainly surface on the East Coast, and if you are ready with funds, you will be very happy with your purchase. I will respectfully disagree with anyone who asserts that this boat is too large to trailer; I haul it 400 miles round trip to Ilwaco with a 3/4 ton pickup on both highway and county roads regularly. Electric over hydraulic brakes on 3 axles adds a measure of safety and assurance. It'd be great to find one that has had the exhaust kits done, but I bought my kits from SIM and did them myself with no issues, and saved a wad. The F225s are great power plants, and other than a starter solenoid, have been trouble free. Boats come up for sale regularly. You'll find the right one when it comes along, and since you quit smoking, you'll have extra cash when it happens. PM me if you have any questions.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
got too busy so my wife flew out, bought a truck in Ft Lauderdale and hauled it back to Seattle on her own.
You've definitely got a keeper there. I've done the cross country trek 3 different times from Maryland to Seattle, one of which was round trip but the other two were one way, and it's definitely not easy. A huge shout out to her for doing that for you, especially on her own because like I mentioned before, it's not easy at all.

juannypablo

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
@ Martin O’Rourke have you seen this 265 Express that was just listed a couple of days ago on Pop Yachts? I'd be calling on that bad boy first since it's way closer to you, has a trailer, radar and so on as opposed to the one out here in Seattle.

Have to deduct cost to replace bolsters and cushions right away lol!!

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Have to deduct cost to replace bolsters and cushions right away lol!!
Yeah... the baby blue wouldn't be my first choice, or even in the top 10. Martin came on here like a hurricane several months back blowing up the forum and reviving posts from years ago to try and find a GW 265 Express. I guess he lives on the east coast but for some reason put an offer down on a boat here close to me in Seattle yet the same day/weekend he then flew down to South Carolina to look at a boat that wasn't even a GW? It seemed like he was a bit all over the place and I'm assuming he must've bought the boat in SC because I don't believe I've seen him back on here since that whirlwind of a situation.

HTHM

Reaction score
Yeah... the baby blue wouldn't be my first choice, or even in the top 10. Martin came on here like a hurricane several months back blowing up the forum and reviving posts from years ago to try and find a GW 265 Express. I guess he lives on the east coast but for some reason put an offer down on a boat here close to me in Seattle yet the same day/weekend he then flew down to South Carolina to look at a boat that wasn't even a GW? It seemed like he was a bit all over the place and I'm assuming he must've bought the boat in SC because I don't believe I've seen him back on here since that whirlwind of a situation.
Last seen Dec 19