Looking to buy Rub Rail end caps

Wally World

Reaction score
I am looking to replace my Marlin 300 Rub Rail end caps that are located on the transom side of the boat. I was told they no longer have them and they discontinued them. Any help?

Reactions: Viking88rd

Viking88rd

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I am looking to replace my Marlin 300 Rub Rail end caps that are located on the transom side of the boat. I was told they no longer have them and they discontinued them. Any help?
[/QUOTE
Following. It's on my to do list also.

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
There's another thread going about this too. I went through my local GW dealer first, who went to GW, and we got nowhere. There was one site recommended, but they were unresponsive and didn't show anything close on their site. These are the best I found:

I have emailed and left a VM asking for info (are they "handed" - looks like it) but nobody has replied...

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
There's another thread going about this too. I went through my local GW dealer first, who went to GW, and we got nowhere. There was one site recommended, but they were unresponsive and didn't show anything close on their site. These are the best I found:

I have emailed and left a VM asking for info (are they "handed" - looks like it) but nobody has replied...

Ever get any clarity on this? I’m in the same spot and was looking at that part. I have a 2002 282 Sailfish.

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Nothing. I’m going to make some out of stainless tubing pretty soon. I’ll post when I get them going.

wrxhoon

Reaction score
I have a new original manufacturers rub rail that I bought a few years ago and never used it . Unfortunately shipping from Australia will be expensive.

Rub rail.jpg

Reactions: Raffrem

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
The ones that I plan to make will be from a ~3" piece of 2-2.5" stainless tube cut lengthwise and TIG welded to a backing plate. Once I get it figured out I will post and consider making more if anyone likes how they come out. No promises. :)

Reactions: A&J Outdoors

Fishtales

Reaction score
What a guy! Thanks for thinking of others.

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I updated the other thread this morning. Making some of these in my little metal shop - found a piece of stainless exhaust tubing at the metal scrap place. Not that easy for a new to TIG guy, but they seem to be coming out fine. I'll finish them tonight and post another pic.

BuzzBayCapt

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Or these look like the ones off my 265 Express. I am calling to verify tomorrow.https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/sea-fox-boat-molding-end-caps-rub-rail-2-1-2-x-2-x-2-inch-pair?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=&scid=scplp1065663&sc_intid=1065663&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_J6it8aX-AIVgY3ICh0JkQBEEAQYEyABEgIdLfD_BwE

NJFisher

Reaction score
Or these look like the ones off my 265 Express. I am calling to verify tomorrow.https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/sea-fox-boat-molding-end-caps-rub-rail-2-1-2-x-2-x-2-inch-pair?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=&scid=scplp1065663&sc_intid=1065663&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_J6it8aX-AIVgY3ICh0JkQBEEAQYEyABEgIdLfD_BwE
Any luck with these caps fitting on your 265? I'm in need of a set and have searched everywhere. This style is a very close match. Thanks!

Raffrem

Reaction score
I have a new original manufacturers rub rail that I bought a few years ago and never used it . Unfortunately shipping from Australia will be expensive.

View attachment 17911

View attachment 17911
Hey mate, any chance you still have this? I’m in Brisbane and looking to replace mine

wrxhoon

Reaction score
I sold that 3 years ago to a guy in USA. I don't think you will find the original ( as in photo) because they changed to S/Steel.
Barbour plastics in Atlanta supplied them to GW. What's wrong with yours? Good luck in your search.

fsc60

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Up for grabs a pair of end cap for 30’ and up Grady’s. They are designed to work with the rub rail with the stainless insert. Never used. Just cover the shipping

Attachments

• IMG_0683.jpeg
    IMG_0683.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0682.jpeg
    IMG_0682.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0681.jpeg
    IMG_0681.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12

Father's Day

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Up for grabs a pair of end cap for 30’ and up Grady’s. They are designed to work with the rub rail with the stainless insert. Never used. Just cover the shipping
Exactly what I'm looking for. Enjoy the holiday and please reach out afterwards. Merry Christmas