Marlin 30 owners

Jened1840

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Guys, quick question for you all. What year did the Marlin transom become rated for 700 hp? Along the same lines, what year did the windshield get raised above the 2004 level? I think the answer is 2008, but not sure. I got the bug again and weighing doing some major updating on our boat after the apocalypse ends (I am an airline pilot and need to make sure I have a job), or just getting into a newer rig.
My 2007 is rated for 700 Hp as per owners manual also I have the higher windshield

el jefe

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I have a 2005 Marlin and just repowered from 225 Yamahas to 300. The Marlin is a very solid boat that is very comfortable in all respects. A number of years ago we were out with our then young children and a whiteout rain storm hit. The kids were comfortable in the cabin with the ac running watching tv and were completely unaware of the terrible conditions outside. I have done extensive offshore and long distance cruising in much larger yachts and the Marlin gives me a yacht feel. Grady White has been pretty good over the years on providing info and dealing with various Maitenance and technical issues. it is a great boat.

Reactions: eppem