New Enclosure and GW Production Info

Cregan13

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
For those looking to replace your enclosures, let me recommend A&J Canvas in Vanceboro, NC. They are the folks that make them for Grady-White. They still have alot of the templates from old Gradys (apparently they lost some in a flood), and if they still have yours, they'll make you one and ship it to you. They do not, however, put the snaps on, but they give you the snapshot and the tool to do it yourself. Little bit of effort to do that, but, all in, it cost me around 2/3 of what I was quoted by local canvas shops. I also got the enclosure in 3 weeks versus the several month wait the local shops gave me. Call and ask for Lee, she'll square you away.

Lee said they are usually faster than 3 weeks, but they have to do Grady's factory work first. She said Grady is pushing out twice its normal numbers right now.
20201115_163609.jpg

teaklejr

Reaction score
That is great to hear that it turned out good. Spoke to Lee a month ago a about getting our enclosure done for our 2007 305 Express this winter. Going to call her in the coming weeks to get ours done. I assume it turned out just like the original one?

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Lee and crew did my work also. Full enclosure for my 228. Met her in person, good people.

Fishtales

Reaction score
yup. Did a new enclosure for me last year. Competitive prices. If you have your original, ship it down for a pattern.

Cregan13

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
That is great to hear that it turned out good. Spoke to Lee a month ago a about getting our enclosure done for our 2007 305 Express this winter. Going to call her in the coming weeks to get ours done. I assume it turned out just like the original one?

Yes, it did. It's kind of amazing, actually, that these boats, which are largely hand made, all come off with such exact specifications that one template can make the enclosures for all of them. A few more pictures are attached. I am planning to list this for sale in the next few months, and this is part of getting it ready. The more stuff I do to it, the harder it is to let go!glass4 (2).jpgglass3 (2).jpgGlass1 (2).jpg

Cregan13

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
How much was the canvas? I have an '07 330 and was debating replacing mine. Thanks

It was right around $2,900. I only got the three sides, however (7 pieces). That is, the full enclosure less the three back panels. I never use the back panels, which I have stored inside and still look brand new.

Last edited:

Ryhlick

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Lee and crew did my work also. Full enclosure for my 228. Met her in person, good people.
KY, I am wondering if you would not mind sharing how much the 228 enclosure cost? Thanks, Brad

Fishtales

Reaction score
For those looking to replace your enclosures, let me recommend A&J Canvas in Vanceboro, NC. They are the folks that make them for Grady-White. They still have alot of the templates from old Gradys (apparently they lost some in a flood), and if they still have yours, they'll make you one and ship it to you. They do not, however, put the snaps on, but they give you the snapshot and the tool to do it yourself. Little bit of effort to do that, but, all in, it cost me around 2/3 of what I was quoted by local canvas shops. I also got the enclosure in 3 weeks versus the several month wait the local shops gave me. Call and ask for Lee, she'll square you away.

Lee said they are usually faster than 3 weeks, but they have to do Grady's factory work first. She said Grady is pushing out twice its normal numbers right now.
View attachment 17187

The last sentence would scare me if I had a new one in the queue.