new Grady quick connect engine flush

el yate

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 336
I just purchased a 2016 Grady 336 Canyon with triple 300 Yamaha's.
the owner did not leave the male coupling for the quick connect engine flush that connects to the hose which inserts into the female coupling..
does anyone know the part number and company that makes the male coupling.
I have only found that Colder products company has one that appears to be possible but they only sell them in bulk to companies, and I am not positive if it's the right part.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Dear Prudence 2.0

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
If you use the Colder part number and google search for it, you should be able to find a retailer that way.

However, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that your local (or any) Grady dealer may have these in stock and your "time investment" into getting this part would probably only be about 5 minutes... rather than spending way more time - as you probably already have! :) -- searching online.

el yate

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 336
If you use the Colder part number and google search for it, you should be able to find a retailer that way.

However, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that your local (or any) Grady dealer may have these in stock and your "time investment" into getting this part would probably only be about 5 minutes... rather than spending way more time - as you probably already have! :) -- searching online.
thank you

GradyNC

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 326
I don’t have the part number, but try freshwatersystems.com. I have ordered a couple from them before.

B-Shell

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 307
Fresh water was out of them a few weeks ago when I tried. I went to the local GW dealer and bought one for Freaking $36!!! Robbery for a piece of plastic. On top of that the package said Mercury! but it fit the flush connect perfectly.

GradyNC

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 326
Fresh water was out of them a few weeks ago when I tried. I went to the local GW dealer and bought one for Freaking $36!!! Robbery for a piece of plastic. On top of that the package said Mercury! but it fit the flush connect perfectly.
i Know what you mean, and I agree. No way it should be that much.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Did you try Lowes - they have quick connects for hoses for a few bucks. Can you post a picture of what you are looking for of the male and female parts.

Reactions: sailUSVI

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
That's crazy. So they were out of stock and sent an errand boy to buy some at the Merc dealer across town and then probably marked them up from there? Just a WAG on that, of course.

I don't mind paying a little more to support a local business - especially one that can answer technical questions. But there comes a point when it's just insane.

Do you have the Merc part number, by chance?

B-Shell

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 307
That's crazy. So they were out of stock and sent an errand boy to buy some at the Merc dealer across town and then probably marked them up from there? Just a WAG on that, of course.

I don't mind paying a little more to support a local business - especially one that can answer technical questions. But there comes a point when it's just insane.

Do you have the Merc part number, by chance?
No I don’t have the package. It’s all the same. Was a Marine Max dealer

seasick

Reaction score
If the setup looks like this ( the Mercury version)

and you have the threaded part installed, the snap on fitting is a standard garden hose coupler like Melnor or the like. Those are usually available at the box stores but as I found out two days ago, if you live in an area with seasonal store stocking, there are many of those parts on the shelves and won't be till spring.

B-Shell

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 307
That doesn’t look the same. The female part is fitted in the boat. The male part is on the hose and has a small check valve in it. It clicks into the female part. I’ve never seen one in hardware store.

Joe_C

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 225
My NEW Grady was delivered in June. They are back-ordered on the connector that goes on your hose. Months later and still back-ordered. Supply chain issues . . .
The couple I bought at a hardware store don't connect . . . I'm still waiting on the part from Grady, and I remind the dealer monthly! They say they have dozens of new boat owners waiting as well.

Father's Day

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
There are two sizes of quick connects for garden hoses 3/4 and 5/8,
i used 3/4 and works perfectly. I don't leave it in, i do replace it with plug when i running but only takes a second

Last edited:

Punchline Cap

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 236
They have a check valve built into them so when they are disconnected the pressure from the water pump when the engine is running will not come back through the quick disconnect. They are not the same as quick disconnects for garden hoses.

Reactions: ilmmct

rockpool

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 257
Garden quick-connects have check valves as well?

One other thing I recommend is a simple mechanical irrigation timer. Just plug the hose in, set it for 15min and walk away...

Ajon

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I just purchased a 2016 Grady 336 Canyon with triple 300 Yamaha's.
the owner did not leave the male coupling for the quick connect engine flush that connects to the hose which inserts into the female coupling..
does anyone know the part number and company that makes the male coupling.
I have only found that Colder products company has one that appears to be possible but they only sell them in bulk to companies, and I am not positive if it's the right part.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Where u at? Got bag full of them