New Grady-White Freedom 265

I just read that the new Freedom 265 is in production and is now available with a max of 600 hp (twin 300s). I think the 265 is going to be very popular.
It's going to be a rocket ship with 600hp. I'm wondering how they will fit those big engines between the swim platforms. I've already told my local MarineMax that I get the first one that arrives.
 
Thats to bad. It would be nice to see boats made for fishing again. But yes, I think you are right. Businesses go where the big money pays.
Huh? There is the Fisherman, Coastal Explorer, and Canyon lines that are perfect for that. In reality, you can fish off any boat. Why does it have to be a center console?
 
Huh? There is the Fisherman, Coastal Explorer, and Canyon lines that are perfect for that. In reality, you can fish off any boat. Why does it have to be a center console?
It doesn't. The origional 265 was an express cabin style fishing machine which is no longer available. Then next closest is the 30. The 265 was a great combination fishing machine and family boat. Just saying the change to a bow ridder eliminates that. To each their own. You are right its just preference.
 
It doesn't. The origional 265 was an express cabin style fishing machine which is no longer available. Then next closest is the 30. The 265 was a great combination fishing machine and family boat. Just saying the change to a bow ridder eliminates that. To each their own. You are right its just preference.
How is a cabin cruiser more of a fishing boat than a dual console? Half the boat is unusable for fishing.
 
How is a cabin cruiser more of a fishing boat than a dual console? Half the boat is unusable for fishing.
I didnt say that. I said it is a great all around platform that I prefer as an avid fisherman vs. a bow rider. And as far as unusable, you should see the 265's on the west coast. Cabin is loaded with rods, tackle etc. very fishy boats.
 
Saw the 265 at the Annapolis boat show today, pretty sweet. The 300’s looked a bit squeezed on. From what I gathered the 200’s are plenty and will push the boat a few mph shy of 50. I was told the fuel economy stats would be pretty similar to the center console version. I would add the windshield looked very robust and the dual loungers looked good.
 
I just don't get the obsession with larger bow riders. But obviously, I'm in the minority.
I'll take a good stab at this one. Coming from a center console used for fishing, cruising, anchoring, and the sandbar, it's a good blend of both worlds. Fishing in the Atlantic and Chesapeake Bay area, spray and cold weather age you quickly. Sure, they make enclosures and curtains for center consoles, but once installed, not the easiest bow access. Add into the equation of the wife - always rode on the bow of the center console and loves the wind in her face with the caveat of warm weather. She loves the water but hates cold temperatures. We've owned our Freedom 255 for exactly a year now and have put 100 more hours on the boat than our normal year with the center console. 3 sided enclosure keeps you warm and dry, bow with a filler is like a sun deck, plenty of shade from the sun, enclosure opens for plenty of air, front cover for colder weather with storage underneath if necessary, more than adequate marine head area, more than adequate storage, and now just added a rear curtain (4 sided enclosure now) for the sub 40 degree days. For us, it does everything. We don't take large groups on the water with us, learned that lesson the hard way a few times. I can fish 3-4 people comfortably and the rear fishing area is almost exactly the same as a center console in the same size.