new looking 33 @ AC boat show

tony-sally

Reaction score
Anyone see the new style 33 express @ the AC boat show the salesman didn't know to much about it he said the factory
send it up the day before the show its a hardtop enclosed all in glass.I don't have any pictures of it if anyone does please post

reelbeliever

Reaction score
I saw the boat, I couldn't get on it. Saturday was very crowded. Interesting boat.

I was surprised that GW had no walkarounds on display. Just that big express and three dual console models.

30marlin

Reaction score
tony-sally said:
Anyone see the new style 33 express @ the AC boat show the salesman didn't know to much about it he said the factory
send it up the day before the show its a hardtop enclosed all in glass.I don't have any pictures of it if anyone does please post

I bet it will be HOT inside during the summers like a hot house.
I would like to have side opening windows.

Attachments

• IMG_0963a.jpg
    IMG_0963a.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 3,780

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Do any of the side windows open?

I presume they do up front.

tony-sally

Reaction score
Their is nothing on the grady white boat site about this boat? this boat was rigged with yamaha300s and it said max HP 600
so this differs from the original 33 express.I would also like to see how the aft drop curtains go on the track on the hardtop
was back inside looked like the curtains came down behind the aft seating.

30marlin

Reaction score
BobP said:
Do any of the side windows open?

I presume they do up front.

Only thing that opens is a small window porthole at the top of the windshield.
You can see the motor hanging down from the radio box and a potion of the open vent.
There is also one small hard top hatch. Thats it.
I am assuming it has helm A/C.

I did not go on the boat. To many Lookie loo's with kids posing for pictures.

Boat Hound

Reaction score
without seeing the whole thing, I dont know how fugly it really is. BUT - I can tell you the water by me never gets above 60 - which means the curtains are always down. It would be great to not have to look through flopping around plastic. I would think that AC @ the helm is a must for anywhere else.

tony-sally

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea why grady just showed at AC boat show with this new 33 express even the salesman didn't know to much about it just said it was the factorys boat it had a sales price on it $369,000.00.now if the hard top is a option ok but how come they changed the max HP to 600?

tony-sally

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea why grady just showed at AC boat show with this new 33 express even the salesman didn't know to much about it just said it was the factorys boat it had a sales price on it $369,000.00.now if the hard top is a option ok but how come they changed the max HP to 600?

Fishtales

Reaction score
That thing is FUGLY. Maybe GW is targeting boats to Canadians and Alaskans now? First the 36 and now the 33 with that stupid looking hard enclosure. Why not use the time and talent of the designers and re-do the Marlin or better yet take a shot at a bigger walk. I got one word... Pursuit.

Christos

Reaction score
I boat in the Northern waters and this option is perfect for myself. I've ordered this option on my 36 (should be arriving this week!) Remember, you still have the otpion for the traditional, it's not for everyone. Personally I like it... I must admit the first time I looked at it on a pic I wasnt too sure... It's definitly grown on me. I estimate getting an extra month of boating on each end of the season, that's substantial for us. I didn't know they offered it on the 33?

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Wait, back-up $369,000!! WTF! For a glorified Bayliner!! What happened to the manly looking Grady's?? This looks like a pretty-boy boat...

bhemi

Reaction score
If I lived in Florida I'd probably have a center console. Living in Canada we add diesel heaters to our boats to extend the season. I'd love a hard top like this for my Marlin. No flapping canvas and no leaks. Nice and toasty. Looks are in the eye of the beholder but it's the same darn boat as a regular 33 just with a hard enclosure. Not a big deal if they offer both models.

ninodog10309

Reaction score
They were asking in the 400's at the Javits Boat show.. The 33 CC was right next to it.. I like that much better .. but it looks more like a family boat.. they were asking over 400k for that also.

fishie1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
We saw that 33 and thought the same thing, ugly. However the sight lines from the helm and openess they created were phenomenal. So, as long as you never look at your boat from the outside you should be very happy. In terms of heat etc. I believe it had ac at the helm.

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Im not sure about the rest of you but as long as my canvass is zipped down with the Mr Heater going in the cabin, it stays nice and toasty even at the helm area. The enclosure really tends to hold the heat in especially on sunny days. And I stay in till the second week of December in the Northeast. I would MUCH rather have the look of the canvass and the ability to roll them up in the Summertime 8)

'05 300 Marlin F250's