New model Freedom 415

isurus22

Reaction score
They finally released this model. At least 4 years from when someone first posted a picture on this site.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Hmm. What to say about a boat 99% on this forum won't ever own?
Nice tender?

• Haha
Reactions: OceanSun

Peter A

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Well my 208 will be a tender for that. punching several, no many, levels above my financial weight class. I am perfectly happy to fill an 80 gallon fuel tank and run 3.5+ mpg cruise. Wouldn’t mind having that for just a day though.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Eltajin

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 336
Interesting that it is a new hull length, and quad 425's in the video which makes it seem like it was shot a while ago. Time to speculate whether(if) they come out with a 45 express (off of the Canyon 456 hull) or a 41 (express) off of this hull next. Given that they just refreshed the Canyon 386 don't think it would be a 41' center console.

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I have a house in PKS, NC, and use Beaufort Inlet, which is Grady's home inlet. On a busy summer day, I see dozens of GW's on the water, or any day driving around, I see literally hundreds. But I don't see these big boats, how many are actually produced, and where are they going?

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I have a house in PKS, NC, and use Beaufort Inlet, which is Grady's home inlet. On a busy summer day, I see dozens of GW's on the water, or any day driving around, I see literally hundreds. But I don't see these big boats, how many are actually produced, and where are they going?
You are keeping track of the wrong number. Not how many, but how much - as in $$. One of these = many times the profit of the others. For many builders it's a can't lose investment... for now.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Interesting that it is a new hull length, and quad 425's in the video which makes it seem like it was shot a while ago. Time to speculate whether(if) they come out with a 45 express (off of the Canyon 456 hull) or a 41 (express) off of this hull next. Given that they just refreshed the Canyon 386 don't think it would be a 41' center console.
My guess would be that if they were considering going this route, since their biggest Express cabin series boat is only 37' that they would instead do a 40'-41' Express based off this new 415 Freedom first. As opposed to jumping all the way from a 370 Express to a 45' Express, just my thoughts though. Also, how many people are looking for a 40' walkaround boat? It seems like in the last 10-15+ years that everyone is buying DC/CC styles of boats and most manufacturers are hardly even building walkarounds anymore.

Reactions: Eltajin

McBobKC

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
i was at a Grady Dealership today getting the Initial 20-Hour Service completed on my Freedom 235

i asked, “what’s the basic list price for the new Freedom 415”

The response was, $1,400,000

Fortunately, at approaching 30,000 pounds, it’s too heavy for my Lift

:)

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
i was at a Grady Dealership today getting the Initial 20-Hour Service completed on my Freedom 235

Just get a bigger lift then... problem solved ;)

Coming back down to reality though, $1.4 million is insane.

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
They’re going after the Miami $$$$$$$. I don’t really see them selling volume elsewhere in the US

Reactions: FREEDOM!!!

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
You are keeping track of the wrong number. Not how many, but how much - as in $$. One of these = many times the profit of the others. For many builders it's a can't lose investment... for now.
No, I am not going to buy one, so I really don't care what they charge, or what the profit margin is, but I am curious about production time, and market demand. And, at 14 feet of beam, and 30,000 pounds, are they delivered on their own bottoms.

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235

That's it? $1.4M? I was thinking a lot more. Here's one listed for $1.9.

I just can't fathom spending that kind of money on a bow rider. I'd be getting a full-on yacht that I could live on comfortably. I just don't get the appeal of something like this.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Approaching $2M for a large bow rider?? Seriously though, it looks like it is listing starboard. I remember when the 330 came out and they had issues with balast. Best not to be on the bleeding edge with GW. I'd be in Carolina Classic or other battlewagon before dropping that much jing.

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I don't get the bow rider thing. For something 18 -22 feet, sure, nice layout. For something 30 or over, no thanks. Can't overnight in bow, can't really fish up there. Basically an express rear without any of the utility in front of a cabin or center console.

And for 1.4 M? Wow. For a bow rider? Unreal.

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
I don't get the bow rider thing. For something 18 -22 feet, sure, nice layout. For something 30 or over, no thanks. Can't overnight in bow, can't really fish up there. Basically an express rear without any of the utility in front of a cabin or center console.

And for 1.4 M? Wow. For a bow rider? Unreal.
I have a feeling that this boat will appeal to people who will use it as their small day-boat. Real F-U money.

Reactions: kirk a

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
334M x 1% = 3.3 million. Yep, that's a big FU $ market in the USA. GW only needs to tap a fraction of a percent to make that gamble pay off.