New scuppers

Joe arrigo

Reaction score
What do you think about these scrappers for my 272 sailfish 453C9415-8433-4615-BEE2-D253DFAF510C.jpeg

seasick

Reaction score
What's on the boat now, bronze?
Are they for the deck drains?

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Like Ky Grady mentioned, I'd be hesitant on using plastic for anything on the outside of the hull as they can break, crack or chip away. I believe that's why Grady switched over to using metal scuppers in the newer boats. And yes, I'd buy stainless or something that isn't going to rust or corrode.

Reactions: angrypirate

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Do you mind sharing where you got those? I should probably replace the cheap plastic ones that came with the boat when I bought it. Do the old plastic ones just screw out?
Ordered through my dealer. The old plastic ones just fell apart when I removed them. Pulled out from the bottom along with the old dry rotted hose.

20190324_193522.jpg

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Ordered through my dealer. The old plastic ones just fell apart when I removed them. Pulled out from the bottom along with the old dry rotted hose.

View attachment 23921
Yeah I dropped a screw down part of the way through the driver's side scupper drain when I was mounting my downriggers to the gunwales of my boat. When I went to get some needle nose pliers to try and get the screw out, they pressed lightly up against the plastic divider in the old plastic scupper drain and it moved quite easily. I think that'll be something I'll definitely want to do before this next summer. Thanks!

blindmullet

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
I'm a fan of these. They replace the white plastic.

Attachments

• VXErnk8.jpg
    VXErnk8.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 19
  • ohaOUy6.jpg
    ohaOUy6.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: angrypirate

angrypirate

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
True . I’m trying to find deck scuppers View attachment 23917
my deck drainscupper broke was a pain to change has a 45 degree angle on it for the hose, very dangerous to have these fail. Have to pull them out and have a parts place or grady dealer match em up as they made so many different types and every position may have used straight or angled scupper drian

Reactions: Joe arrigo

blindmullet

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
They look good, and the drip lip is nice for preventing stains, but isn't that just the outside piece, and the rest of the fitting is still plastic?
Yep, just replaces the outer piece .