New Suzukis

dogdoc

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Done for now. If I never see a heat shrink connector again I will be happy. After a few fishing trips I will tackle the old ac/dc breaker panel on the cabin bulk head.

switch.jpgpanel after.jpg

Reactions: family affair

dogdoc

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I forgot. While working today got caught in a rain storm. Noticed water running under and behind the gauge panel. All these new starboard panels need some form of sealing. I am at a loss there. Black silicone, Butyl tape, ?? Need to be able to pull panels for work if needed. Suggestions..
thanks

dogdoc

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Hardtop is fine, Isenglass (?) was shot and tossed out. They stored it folded in a dock box.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I forgot. While working today got caught in a rain storm. Noticed water running under and behind the gauge panel. All these new starboard panels need some form of sealing. I am at a loss there. Black silicone, Butyl tape, ?? Need to be able to pull panels for work if needed. Suggestions..
thanks
Great job on the upgrade! Looks like you used some of the same carbon fiber look panel that I used.
Now you have to replace the center cap on your steering wheel with the new stainless version! ;)
If you use a sealant and your luck is like mine, some guy named Murphy is going to show up within week of finishing and make you take it apart!
If the surface is flat enough, I like using the black single-sided foam butyl tape.

dogdoc

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
And the Ritchie, I will see what they can do for refurbish

Reactions: family affair