New to me Adventure 208

Natron

Reaction score
I recently pulled the trigger on a 2007 Adventure 208. I had been looking for long time for a seafarer 228 when this one came along. Definitely not exactly what I had been looking for but sometimes compromises need to be made! My wife and I enjoy going out on some of the larger lakes as well as the ocean so we agreed the 20' length is still very trailerable.

Specs-
2007 208 Adventure
Yamaha 150 w/ 150 original hours
Factory hard top
New electronics, 12" Simrad chart plotter, VHF, lighting
Came with trailer, Garmin radar, outriggers, immaculate original seats, cockpit enclosure and cuddy cushions, never used porta potty ;).

Made a 12hr trip down to Delaware in the camper to purchase and 12 hrs back the next day.

Got her home and cleaned up. I jumped right in and replaced the fuel lines (for sanity) and the scupper hoses as they were a bit cracked. Cleaned up the bilge and she's ready to rock! There are a couple of small gelcoat repairs that I will probably take care of in the spring. I have also been talking to Ken at ProGods and will most likely re-prop in the future.

Over all, it's a smaller boat (and definitely smaller engine) than I had anticipated buying but I couldn't pass it up for what I considered a good deal. Hope to see everyone out there on the water!

IMG_9260.jpg

TeK

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Nice, you will not be disappointed. Hope you enjoy many years with it.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I agree. I think you will like some key features - the hardtop (some coverage from the sun), enclosure (keeping out the weather) and cuddy (getting out of the weather and head).

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Congrats on the purchase, she's a great looking boat. I was actually talking about this exact topic (208 Adventure with a Yamaha 150 on it) in another thread yesterday or the day before, of which your top speed with that setup is going to be 40.4 mph @ 6,000 rpm. Which for me is more than fast enough as I like to keep my boat around 25 mph so that I'm not just burning fuel unnecessarily and rarely go above 30-35 mph so that I can slow down or adjust my course for submerged logs, marine life, etc. As you mentioned, Ken from Prop Gods is a great resource and I've heard nothing but great things about him for propping your boat correctly. Also, I'm sure your boat likely has trim tabs but if it doesn't then adding trim tabs will help out quite a bit as well. As stated above, add some more pictures on here when you get a chance.

MA208

Reaction score
Very nice. Relatively rare find with the factory hardtop.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I had a 208 years ago...the original walkaround boat. Loved it.

Sdfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I think I have posted this before:

My experience with the 208 and the F150. I typically fish with a full tank of gas, full 32 gallon bait tank, located near the transom, 60 lbs of ice and 2-3 adults. It gets on plane fine and I can run 4200 rpm and get 20-24 mph. I do not have trim tabs. This is lower than the performance data that GW has posted. My trips are all offshore, so I hardly ever go full throttle. I have never hit 40 mph with this load.
My typical offshore trip is 30 miles out at anywhere from 14-20 mph, and then 3-4 trolling or stopped and the same 30 mile run back inshore. (Approx 100 mile round trip in total)

37.5 top speed
2.9 mpg
4200 rpm – 20-25 mph

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

coldpizza

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
You will like that boat. I had one for 15 years (have a 232 now). It is a tough boat and always got us back, even in some nasty conditions on the Pacific Ocean. Like Sdfish said, I wouldn't be too concerned on WOT speed, I think you'd find it is plenty fast.

seasick

Reaction score
I think I have posted this before:

My experience with the 208 and the F150. I typically fish with a full tank of gas, full 32 gallon bait tank, located near the transom, 60 lbs of ice and 2-3 adults. It gets on plane fine and I can run 4200 rpm and get 20-24 mph. I do not have trim tabs. This is lower than the performance data that GW has posted. My trips are all offshore, so I hardly ever go full throttle. I have never hit 40 mph with this load.
My typical offshore trip is 30 miles out at anywhere from 14-20 mph, and then 3-4 trolling or stopped and the same 30 mile run back inshore. (Approx 100 mile round trip in total)

37.5 top speed
2.9 mpg
4200 rpm – 20-25 mph
Does 2-3 adults include yourself? Also, does you 208 have the hardtop?

Duke1903

Reaction score
I was looking for a 226/228 as well and found a deal 2000 208 that i couldnt pass up. I completely refit and repowered with a 2021 f200 ,the boat has been great. I’ll probably move up eventually but right now it suits my needs for fishing and getting the family out. Only thing left is to put a hard top on! Best of luck with the boat looks great!

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

langski93

Reaction score
I recently pulled the trigger on a 2007 Adventure 208. I had been looking for long time for a seafarer 228 when this one came along. Definitely not exactly what I had been looking for but sometimes compromises need to be made! My wife and I enjoy going out on some of the larger lakes as well as the ocean so we agreed the 20' length is still very trailerable.

Specs-
2007 208 Adventure
Yamaha 150 w/ 150 original hours
Factory hard top
New electronics, 12" Simrad chart plotter, VHF, lighting
Came with trailer, Garmin radar, outriggers, immaculate original seats, cockpit enclosure and cuddy cushions, never used porta potty ;).

Made a 12hr trip down to Delaware in the camper to purchase and 12 hrs back the next day.

Got her home and cleaned up. I jumped right in and replaced the fuel lines (for sanity) and the scupper hoses as they were a bit cracked. Cleaned up the bilge and she's ready to rock! There are a couple of small gelcoat repairs that I will probably take care of in the spring. I have also been talking to Ken at ProGods and will most likely re-prop in the future.

Over all, it's a smaller boat (and definitely smaller engine) than I had anticipated buying but I couldn't pass it up for what I considered a good deal. Hope to see everyone out there on the water!

View attachment 27302
The problem with the Adv. 208 is it thinks it’s a much bigger boat! It will want to go further and deeper, you’ll love it!

How about details on the camper rig?

Reactions: Sdfish