NJ fishing reports

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2017 330 Express. I fish out of Manasquan Inlet. I'm interested to see if there is a space on this site where we can post recent fishing trips in our area to help one another in tracking where the fish are biting. Someplace where we can "trust" the information. I never had a problem sharing good and bad catch reports with friends. I've found that "most" Grady owners are serious fishermen and the shared information can be good for all involved.

Reactions: MrD and Jiani10
Reaction score
OK. I'll get it started. I fished yesterday out of Manasaquan. We ran north to Long Branch and got into the Albies. They were breaking the surface and were hitting very small Ava jigs reeled quickly. After that we anchored up on the rocks north of the red church and caught our limit of Blackfish up to 5# with quite a few throw backs. Saw quite a few boats trolling the Shrewsbury Rocks. I've read on other sights that stripers were caught but I can't confirm. Also heard good Mako fishing with some Bluefins in the mudhole by Monster Ledge. I might go try that on Wendnesday IF Noaa is correct about the forecast....BIG IF.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
just got a 265 Express. Catching loads of 3 pound stripers at the dock Will's Hole- Point Pleasant
Working out the kinks in the boat, trying to get ready to get out to Toms Canyon this Sat/Sun. Maybe the last - best weather window.
I will be hunting bass thru November. Will post results here!

Reactions: Heyspike
Reaction score
Went to the Monster Ledge yesterday 10/18 for shark/Bluefin trip. drifted with bait with rigs out for both shark and tuna. chummed and chunked until noon with out a sniff. Went on the troll for a couple of hours with the same result. Lots of mammal life and read bait pretty good but nothing happened for us 65.4 degree water. Going to try an offshore wreck trip tomorrow for meat fish

Reaction score
Tried to get offshore Friday. West wind blowing good and seas big. Aborted offshore and went back to red church area for blackfish and porgies. Caught and released quite a few of each. Heard from a buddy who fished the bunker off of Lavellette on Saturday and he caught quite of few Stripers by snagging and dragging. Might try that one night this week.

Reactions: MrD

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
You should have waited a day....
Went to Toms Canyon Saturday afternoon overnight return Sunday afternoon. Glassy conditions the entire trip.
Canyon---No Tuna(a hundred boats had no tuna), 0 for 3 on swordfish, a small mako release, 36 Mahi-Mahi from 4 to 10 pounds(we stopped keeping them)
Hit the Resor wreck on way in expecting a few ling and a sea bass or two...45 keepers to 4+ pounds in an hour of fishing...double on when you hit bottom.

Awesome first trip on my new Grady!!!!

burned 220 gallons....I need 4 strokes!!!!

RouwnhD.jpg

9i3Hvu3l.jpg

weWMqotl.jpg

jwd88vvl.jpg

9Avxbx5l.jpg

Reaction score
Wow!!! Congrats. Looks like a great trip. Although tuna seem to be far and few between. I heard of a good catch of Bluefin at the tip of the Hudson the same night. I went south down the beach yesterday afternoon to look for Bunker/Bass. Found Schools of Albies feeding on rain fish off of the Thunderbird. Played for a while then continued south to Seaside looking for the Bass. N/G. Looks like a couple of days off until the blow is over. water temp down to 63.4 so hopefully things break open by the weekend.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I might have seen you. You are an Express? We were out Monday afternoon too. Albie on the beach at Mantoloking then saw 2 humpbacks feeding in 60 ft, south of the dredge, lots of bunker no bites.
Trolled mojos off Seaside for a half hour and called it a day.
Got to try out the new boat in some slop. Definitely wants to go faster not slower

Reactions: RussGW270
Reaction score
Yes. It's a 330 express. And yes you have to push up the throttle in a sea. When I first got it I was out in some slop and pulled down to about 15 knots. It started to cavitate. I thought there was something wrong with the tilt/trim so I immediately brought it back to Comstock for warranty. They checked everything and said all was good. We sea trialed and when I told them what I was running it at the mechanic told me to stop puss....ng the boat and bring it up to 20+ knots and that the hull wanted to run on top and that it wouldn't pound. He was right. I just had to get used to how she runs. I'm heading up to fish on a buddies boat in NY harbor tomorrow for stripers. Hopefully get the season started. I'll let you know how we do.

Reaction score
Fished Friday in Raritan Bay off of the Ammo pier. Lots of boat traffic and marks but didn't see anyone (including myself) catch anything. We ran up to the Hudson River by the lighthouse off Jersey City with some bunker and eels but not a touch there either. I'm getting tired of writing about NOT catching anything.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Saturday morning no fish. Plenty of bunker off Mantoloking. Lots of boats trolling nobody catching.
Its about to happen. I'm sticking to Sea Girt down to Seaside when I get out.

Reaction score
Went out for a few hours yesterday(Tuesday) morning. Ran up the beach to Long Branch. Some bird action. Some bunker but they were skiddish. Lots of porpoise. No stripers. Drifted rocks for a few sea bass. Back out Friday. Might consider an offshore trip if the weather cooperates

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Going Friday morning for a few hours looking for stripers Sea Girt to Seaside. Its gonna happen soon....
If you want keeper sea bass you have to get out to 100ft+. Shark River Reef/Stolt/Resor.

Reaction score
Went yesterday afternoon (Monday) on a friends boat out of Bayonne. As soon as we got to the Raritan Bay birds diving and fish crashing baits. Good mix of keepers and shorts. Got them all jigging. Fish were right up by the West Bank Light. LOTS of fish. When they get moving south its going to be a blitz.

Stephnic

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Any stripers show up yet up north? I fish out of Ocean city and nothing down here yet. Two trips so far and nothing,

Reaction score
I'll be out Friday also. Probably going to run North and look for the birds. Seas should be good on the beach. Just hope the fish don't stay offshore +3 miles like they did in the spring. Feel free to give me a shout on 65. To the guy in Ocean City, the fish have been still hanging up in Raritan Bay. The water there on Monday was 59.5. Hopefully they have started moving south. We will let you know when they get down around LBI.