NJ fishing reports

athomp228

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
We had stopped at SG reef first and got nothing but shorts so we picked up and beat the head boats out to SR reef. We caught limit on first drop of the anchor on a wreck. Head boats were fishing on tops of rockpiles.
Nice to have someone local for some of the spots. This is all new to me so any info is much appreciated!

Reactions: JerseySure

JerseySure

Reaction score
Website
www.psywarrior.com
Model
Fisherman 216
The Manasquan Fishing Club is looking for new members. We meet 7 pm the first Friday of the month in the Manasquan Women’s club. We share intel on spots and technique’s. We have a real-time group chat and many other features you may be interested in. Check us out.

Reactions: MrD and athomp228

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Another sea bass limit with some fatties. SR reef before noon. Going again Monday early before it blows

Attachments

• 47754B2D-FCC0-4F40-A6DE-84E0559F3724.jpeg
    47754B2D-FCC0-4F40-A6DE-84E0559F3724.jpeg
    381.8 KB · Views: 12

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Monday was another great day. Limit of 40 seabass by 9 am. Same wreck on the SR reef. Then a mess of ling at the Arundo.
No good reports from guys looking for BFT.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Reports are that BFT are not biting. Some fish have been caught at Coimbra & Bacardi area but it is a crap shoot.
Yellowfin are reported on fire last week in Spencer and Lindenkohl.

My brother caught a dock striper while we were prepping for a canyon run. Notice the tiny Penn 2000 he was using...
LkVuJyEl.jpg

We left about 630 PM. ran to the Resor 40 miles and put them out hoping for Bluefin. Picked up a big Little Tunny aka Bonita aka False Albacore before sunset. Ran in the dusk to Toms canyon with a full moon in front of us. Drifted swordfish baits all night. Not even a touch. No sharks. not even squid nibbles. Water was 66-67
Picked up at first light and trolled Toms. Nothing. Ran south nothing ran more south Found some lobster pots in the Carteret. Got two nice 10 pound bull dolphin on the dock rods. water was 67.5
uDswFCxl.jpg

ran south to Lindenkohl where there were some other boats. Apparently they were catching short and some barely legal yellowfins. We got nothing and ran south to Spencer. It was dead there. tried a couple random tilefish drops. current was cranking and we could not really fish it. never had a bite. Ran home 113 miles before the afternoon blow. Got slowed down about 40 miles shy but we were still doing 25mph.

270 miles on 163 gallons. Longest trip we have ever done and will never do again....

Red line is 40 miles to the Resor before I turned on the tracker.
4h61rSGl.png

paydaze77

Reaction score

Thanks for the report skunk. A couple of my friends went out this week with same results!

01Sailfish

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Hey guys, I just bought a Grady sailfish and I’m fishing out of Brielle. Im going out tomorrow but not sure what to target. At this point I just want to catch some fish. We went out to SRR and caught some sea bass a couple weeks ago but besides that I haven’t been out much. Any insight is appreciated.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
did some fluking at south end of Sea Girt reef in scattered rubble. My sister got a 23" fish and three over 17" slot fish,
I got a nice ling and throwback fluke
char Fluke 2022_2 copy.jpg

Back in the the river caught nothing

Reactions: v8boatbuilder

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Look at that calm sea state! How often do you luck out with that?
Photos are deceiving. Actually there were 3-4 foot swells coming in sets ...but no wind. My sister's grandson was puking and fishing. He's reeling in a short fluke in the picture.

Glassy like that usually doesn't last. We quit at 11 AM because the wind did the turn from N to S. It was blowing hard out of the south by 1 PM

Reactions: magicalbill

Pfu

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
can't wait to see some smallmouth bass pix from Lake Champlain.:p
I haven’t fished for bass in years. I fish with ultra light equipment with goals of 20+ lb Lake Trout. Funny thing is we have caught bass down deep that jump and fight like salmon. Will do my best to see what I can do!

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Did some relaxing fluke fishing out at the Axel reef. 4 keepers Thursday, 3 keepers Monday. Nothing photo-worthy. Nice to use less than 10 galllons per trip vs 150+ looking for tuna.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
The BFT and YFT bite has finally gained some traction on life at Resor/Princess/Triple Wrecks. Guys at my dock have got them trolling, jigging and popping.
Fingers crossed the forecast is accurate for Friday.

paydaze77

Reaction score
Trolled ap, glory/mud hole and barnegat ridge on the way in today. Didn’t hear or see many people catching. Conditions were beautiful minus the tuna

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
same, but I wouldn't call conditions "beautiful". certainly not what was forecast.
AP nothing but whales, dolphins and bait...and bluefish. Chicken canyon pots no life. GH pots no life. Guys at Bacardi/TexasTower did the same.
Finished the day on a wreck getting our 6 black seabass and a couple dozen ling. Lost a 3 pound fluke at the gunnel

paydaze77

Reaction score
Got a nice 34 inch mahi today. About 20 miles south of the ridge.

Attachments

• F3BA6137-8F25-4794-BDE3-CA5E5BD184DE.jpeg
    F3BA6137-8F25-4794-BDE3-CA5E5BD184DE.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1