Ok to use in A 2001 Yamaha OX66 225

Ryhlick

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I am wondering if it is ok to use this oil in my 2001 Yamaha OX66 225hp motor. A friend has 7 gallons he wants to give me. I just want to make sure it will not hurt my motor thanks for the info appreciate it. 07427DE1-3D38-40F1-945F-8509FCEA0913.jpeg

Ryhlick

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I know that’s why I am wondering if it’s compatible.

Ryhlick

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I could not find any info on it, indicating that it would be ok. Not worth taking a chance damaging the motor for saving a few bucks. Thanks

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
It's not TCW-3 certified and the product description specifically states that it is not intended to be used for TCW-3 applications:

Mfg. Name : MERCURY / QUICKSILVER
Mfg. PN : 92-858037Q01
SKU : 710-92-858037Q01

Product Description

This new synthetic blend oil was developed specifically for the greater demands of DFI outboard engines. Higher operating temperatures combined with reduced oiling rates have put increased demands on the lubricants. This exclusive new formula provides increased lubricity while minimizing carbon deposits helps reduce smoke and provides the highest protection for the engine. Not intended to be used in applications specifying a TC-W3 oil. Sold in case packs only.

From a lubrication perspective, the only problem I can foresee is that DFI oils are not designed to be mixed with gasoline. One of the important properties of TCW-3 oils is that they are designed to mix easily with gasoline.

DFI oil may work fine in a properly blended pre-mix, but there is no way to know for sure.

Reactions: Ryhlick

Ryhlick

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
It's not TCW-3 certified and the product description specifically states that it is not intended to be used for TCW-3 applications:

Mfg. Name : MERCURY / QUICKSILVER
Mfg. PN : 92-858037Q01
SKU : 710-92-858037Q01

Product Description

This new synthetic blend oil was developed specifically for the greater demands of DFI outboard engines. Higher operating temperatures combined with reduced oiling rates have put increased demands on the lubricants. This exclusive new formula provides increased lubricity while minimizing carbon deposits helps reduce smoke and provides the highest protection for the engine. Not intended to be used in applications specifying a TC-W3 oil. Sold in case packs only.

From a lubrication perspective, the only problem I can foresee is that DFI oils are not designed to be mixed with gasoline. One of the important properties of TCW-3 oils is that they are designed to mix easily with gasoline.

DFI oil may work fine in a properly blended pre-mix, but there is no way to know for sure.
Thanks for the info, I greatly appreciate it. Thanks Brad