Opinions- New enclosure GradyBlue or OffWhite?

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Current Grady Blue enclosure is trash.
Using Gioia Sails in Lakewood NJ.
Measurement for new enclosure taken. Getting polycarbonate fronts wrapping around to the line of the vent windows.

I'm torn between
staying dark - better for night running
going light- more modern look, better day running

gut is leaning toward light

Fowl Hooked

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Interested to see which way you go as I'm in the same dilemma but have a few months as I won't do mine until they come down later this year as the weather warms up. Had been thinking to make the move to light but then an older GW moved into my marina that had the cream color and it somehow just 'didn't look right'. Could be nothing more than it's different from what I'm used to but right now I'm leaning towards staying with the blue.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Interested to see which way you go as I'm in the same dilemma but have a few months as I won't do mine until they come down later this year as the weather warms up. Had been thinking to make the move to light but then an older GW moved into my marina that had the cream color and it somehow just 'didn't look right'. Could be nothing more than it's different from what I'm used to but right now I'm leaning towards staying with the blue.
all of the new gradys seem to have light canvas. and dont have the blue stripes

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I like the darker colors. Every time I see those cream colors, I wonder how they look up close and how much more obvious stains are on them vs the darker colors.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Lee at A&J gave me the option of the blue or the off white. Went back original blue. With my stripes and the cabin side flags in the navy blue, just seemed right to keep the enclosure blue. Was afraid going with the off white would make the whole boat looked washed out. I like the contrast of the off white boat and the dark enclosure.

20200910_180349.jpg

Fishtales

Reaction score
I've had both. The white stamoid believe it or not holds up better than the sunbrella material and no fade issues.

Reactions: Pat Hurley

Holokai

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Seeing as you fish the boat hard I’d go with blue to hide the fish blood that will inevitably make its way to the enclosure :p

Fishtales

Reaction score
The Stamoid is quite slick and I found not much sticks to it. Not saying it can't happen, but the fabric is quite waxy.

Reactions: SkunkBoat

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
My 2006 Grady 330 is blue and still in great shape. I sent them to AJ a few years ago for new strataglass. I do like the blue look but guy up from me has 2007 330 with off white. If I did that, I’d remove the stipe.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Personally I prefer the off white stamoid. It is a cleaner more modern look compared to the traditional blue IMO. The stamoid is an upgrade to the sunbrella, nothing sticks to it and it is very easy to clean. IMG_0206.JPG

Iceman2010

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Mine 282 sailfish is light and my new twin suzuki 300s will be white too, cleaner and modern

Attachments

• EAD09DC3-9B8C-4F0B-B58F-1C7F6DF2491A.jpeg
    EAD09DC3-9B8C-4F0B-B58F-1C7F6DF2491A.jpeg
    27.8 KB · Views: 3

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I did my front and side panels with Sunbrella Seamark Navy which is single sided. Some would say it is a dated look but I think it looks sharp. I like the feel of it better and its last longer. The rear part of my enclosure and the tonneau cover are still in use.

I have an enclosure to do for a friend in the Spring that is Stamoid off white. It's 12 years old. Really did not wear well. Off color, staining and cracking. It will be redone with Stamoid.

Fishtales

Reaction score
One reason for the varying inputs can be boat position in relation to the sun. For my slip the aft curtains get far more sun than the sides or bow. It beat up the blue sunbrella fabric and faded it pretty well on my previous 282. Boat was positioned the same with the white stamoid, but the threads were the problem (fabric was pretty darn solid after 13 seasons). I ended up having to have the aft and corner pieces resewed over the years. To each his own, it comes down to what you like.

Dennis K

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
i would go with the Grady off white. I had one for years on my 33. Never an issue with staining or keeping it clean. It also gives the boat nice clean sleek lines. The blue just seems to chop up the boat Just my opi for what it’s worth

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Skunk:

Another vote for off white here.

I have it on my 2018 Marlin. Echoing others, it's easy to keep clean, kind of a slick material, and it looks good.

jip40

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I had A&J do my new enclosure a couple of years ago. Had samples of the blue and white fabrics sent ahead of time.

My wife was concerned that the Grady off-white wouldn’t look good with my faded to true white 2002 hull. When we put the fabric up to the fiberglass I had to agree with her and went with the blue. I don’t regret that decision at all