Re: Last try

Seanik said:
LargoHarborMarina.jpg.jpg.jpg.jpg

She's a BEAUTY!

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
just removed the stripes from my 265 this year. they came right off with a heat gun, basically they unpeeled in large ssections once the glue heated up. I did think she looked a little naked at first, but after she was cleaned up and waxed, I think it gives a cleaner look. sorry forgot to take pic while at the yard.

AquaAddict

Reaction score
Removed the stripes from my 240 Offshore over the winter. Makes it look like a whole different boat. Like drbatts said, after she was buffed and waxed, made the hull look a lot cleaner. Try to get a pic soon.

striped bass

Reaction score
Check out Baert Marine on the Internet. He has a new 360 without the stripes. Someone liked it because it just sold this week.

Seanik

Reaction score
Re: 330 Express without stripes

Finest Kind said:

She's a BEAUTY![/quote

Len,
Thanks for the compliment! I had reservations about painting the hull yellow and not replacing the stripes but I was convinced it was a good color for the Grady the second I saw the finished job. I've had the boat for 5 years now and have no regrets at all. I've sea-trialed bigger boats like the Cabo and Rampage at the Miami boat show for a couple of years but keep on coming back to the Grady as it's perfect for what I do.

Finest Kind

Reaction score
got pics

Launched Finest Kind yesterday...I think she is looking good stripe-less.

Got some nice pics, but dunno how to post em. If someone wants to post them up for me, will be happy to email em to you.

integritymetals @ yahoo . com
(type the email address without the spaces)

Have a Great Season Guys!

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
After removing the stripe and adhiesive, was the gel coat under the stripe a different color? Could you tell where it had been?
I'm trying to decide whether to replace the stripe on the 248 I am trying to sell or just take it off.

Finest Kind

Reaction score
LUNDINROOF said:
After removing the stripe and adhiesive, was the gel coat under the stripe a different color? Could you tell where it had been?
I'm trying to decide whether to replace the stripe on the 248 I am trying to sell or just take it off.

Just take it off!
I think the boat looks better without it, AND besides getting the new stripes on perfectly will be a MAJOR pain in the azz.

Yes, the original gel coat that was under the stripes is a light tan as compared to the weathered white on the rest of the hull. If you look REAL CLOSE on the attached pic (and if you look REAL CLOSE at the boat in person) you MIGHT see it.
Nothing to be concerned about.

abouttogetwet.jpg

Crazy Snake

Reaction score
Seanik, That's a nice looking boat. Doesn't look yellow though.
I think the stripes are a Grady trademark and should be on...

30marlin

Reaction score
Finest Kind said:
LUNDINROOF said:

Just take it off!
I think the boat looks better without it, AND besides getting the new stripes on perfectly will be a MAJOR pain in the azz.

Yes, the original gel coat that was under the stripes is a light tan as compared to the weathered white on the rest of the hull. If you look REAL CLOSE on the attached pic (and if you look REAL CLOSE at the boat in person) you MIGHT see it.
Nothing to be concerned about.

abouttogetwet.jpg

Trolled past the Finest Kind a few times this past Sunday at the Shrewsberry Rocks.
It looked pretty good.

Finest Kind

Reaction score
30 Marlin : "Trolled past the Finest Kind a few times this past Sunday at the Shrewsberry Rocks.
It looked pretty good."

Thank you! I remember seeing at least 2 Marlins in the area that day, What is the name of the boat were you on, and how did you do that day?
It was slow for me, only 1 Striper (kept for dinner) and 4 Bluefish (released)

Posted up here on Great Grady's Photo Section are some pics of my boat that were taken that day:
http://www.greatgrady.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13661

And while my friend Capt Niff was taking those pics of me on my boat, I took a few of him as we were trolling side by side.
His "Audrey Sue", is a really nice 1987 Trophy Pro with a pair of 2006 200 HP HPDI yammis:
AS6.jpg

Niff sez he likes the look of my stripe-less Grady and might also be taking off his stripes next season... ;)

30marlin

Reaction score
Hey Finest Kind.

I was on my 300 Marlin Defiant.

All we got were very big blue fish. A double header on an umbrella rig was a lot of fun.