Quick Thru Hull Q

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
My thru hull on the port side going to the seat has a small drip where it screws into the splitter for the ice boxes (brass meets the plastic). Are there any quick fixes outside of replacing it? Dripping slightly from the bottom of the connection.

My plan is to replace when I take the boat out in the fall

Attachments

• B79F4473-EE11-48B6-B2D4-B82F3C4E1350.jpeg
    B79F4473-EE11-48B6-B2D4-B82F3C4E1350.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 0

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Is that the stay afloat stuff? I have that and rescue tape on the boat. I was debating on loading up silicone and then using the tape. It’s not too bad, but feels like condensation and drips slightly.

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Thanks...I have seen that used a lot. What other purposes does it serve? New Thruhulls or just the connections for the hoses?

Going to buy that for future use

Sdfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I use boat life as a sealant and for bedding hardware, above or below waterline. I am only suggesting you use boat life as a temporary fix to your small drip above. You need to address the root cause.

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I use boat life as a sealant and for bedding hardware, above or below waterline. I am only suggesting you use boat life as a temporary fix to your small drip above. You need to address the root cause.

Agreed. I need to start finding all of the parts I need to replace all of the thru hulls and how to unseat them

Recoil Rob

Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
I've worked on spas, hot tubs, whirlpools for years, lots of metal into plastic work. Rare is the occasion a leak can be repaired by smearing something on the outside.
More likely the problem is the female nylon tee has begun to split from the bronze male fitting and only replacing the tee will fix it.