rear scuppers

timo14

Reaction score
toolguy73 said:
The experimenting was already done (by me). This was the best way.

The through hulls are straight through's. They are connected to the bond system. The valves screw directly onto the through hulls. then there's a fitting to connect the hose. The hose is connected to the deck drain.

Simple. Straightforward. Basic mechanical operation. Nothing has to bend to seal. Pressure moves the gate. The gate swings with the slightest amount of pressure. Positive, complete closure due to metal to metal contact of the gate against the internal flange seat.

There is a "clink" though, each time the gate closes. But at least you they are working.

Sounds like you got it all figured out. What did you use for the deck drain? Anything other than standard? I like the clear hose too... I'm sure it helps to see if there is any junk in there.

toolguy73

Reaction score
[quote="timo14
Sounds like you got it all figured out. What did you use for the deck drain? Anything other than standard? I like the clear hose too... I'm sure it helps to see if there is any junk in there.[/quote]

Look in your bathtub, or look behind or below it. That's the type of drain I used. Without the stopper assembly. The clear hose is for the bilge pump. Smooth inside for water flow, ribbed outside for strength and abrasion resistance (not your pleasure :wink: ).

VinMan

Reaction score
Yeah, thanks for the info and the picture. We're already fishing down here in S. Fla. but that is a project that is now on my list for a cold week-end. One would think Grady would be interested.