Ring Free Source

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Guy here shared a great source last year; small shop in Kentucky. $28/ quart so I scored a couple quarts. Stocking up for this year and the shop guy tells me Yamaha pulled the dealship from him. Shops around here around $42-$45/quart. Anybody have any connections? Kicking myself in the a$$. I should have bought a lot more last summer.

RJTFD

Reaction score
Derby cycles had it for $18 a quart last winter than yamaha pulled it from them also. I only bought a case before it was over wish I had bought more also but who knew. How can oone place sell for $18 and another for $45 what are they marking it up?

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Derby is where I was getting it for $28. Just ordered some for $38. You have no idea how bad I'm kicking myself :bang

seasick

Reaction score
I paid about $34 last season. Let's see what this year brings.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
$12.00 per quart?? :jaw How many in a case? I'lm gonna work on a local group buy or put up a sign on my dock box.

RJTFD

Reaction score
I dont think Andy has it for $12 a quart maybe it is for a 12oz container. The 32oz on Andy's site is 36.99 a quart if you purchase a case. Derby cycle was selling them last winter for $18 a quart until Yamaha caught wind of it. They had sold it at that price for a long time my last order was only a case if I had known it was going to be over I would've purchased a few more. Who knew? :bang

Desperado

Reaction score
I have read the Ring Free is slightly modified/rebadged Chevron Techron. Supposedly that is who Yamaha contracted to manufacture the product. It may be a good idea to do a cost comparison.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I've heard that before and I don't see how it could be. Ring Free is very concentrated compared to Techron. Think that's a bad rumor.

jaydub

Reaction score
You really have to look at the shipping charges for anything you find on-line. I found it for $33/qt. but $9/quart to ship it. I can buy it locally for that. Also found one site that wanted $20/quart to ship. Advertised prices aren't always what you get when you figure the total.

Salinity Now

Reaction score
How would Startron compare to Ring Free? I used RF in my SX200, but I only used StarTron on my F250, is there a difference?

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Tucker said:
$12.00 per quart?? :jaw How many in a case? I'lm gonna work on a local group buy or put up a sign on my dock box.

That was 3 or 4 years ago and they are the 32oz containers. They are the old style, i think the new ones are suppose to help with ethanol.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Salinity Now said:
How would Startron compare to Ring Free? I used RF in my SX200, but I only used StarTron on my F250, is there a difference?

Startron and ring free are two different animals. Startron is used to help for ethanol problems and ring free is for cleaning injectors and internal parts from carbon built up. You should use both on the same engine. I use both products religiously EVERY fill up.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Been using Startron with Ring Free also. However, I just bought a quart of Sta-Bil blue bottle. At 1-OZ/10-Gal looks like it may be cheaper than Startron. Wonder if it does the same thing?

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Tucker said:
Been using Startron with Ring Free also. However, I just bought a quart of Sta-Bil blue bottle. At 1-OZ/10-Gal looks like it may be cheaper than Startron. Wonder if it does the same thing?

I wouldn't change it if it works for me.

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Re: Ring Free Source - Still Cheap ( er )

Found another source of this Ring-Free

www.domo-online.com

The cost is approx 33 per quart plus shipping. A case of six will cost $193. Anybody from Eastern PA want to split a case?? PM me if you want to do this.
They have good prices on Yamalube 2M as well.

5-Salt

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
I have been using Techron in place of Ringfree with same results as Ringfree for three years now.

@ 6.99 per 12oz from Amazon it hard not to run Techron.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ring Free is many times cheaper. A quart of Ring Free treats 320-gal. I couldn't afford to use Techron. 12-Oz techron treats up to 15-gal right?