Rub rail caps...

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
My 272 rub rail measures 1.5” x 1.5”, and having performed many Google and Amazon searches I have yet to see what appears to be an appropriate replacement rail cap. Any suggestions? Are they measured differently or something?

thanks in advance!

Fishtales

Reaction score
Did you try GW customer service via the web? They may be able to either provide or give you the manufacturer.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Send the net inquiry today. They likely will get you an answer first thing Monday. They are very customer focused! Let us know how you make out.

SeaVee

Reaction score
Did you find a replacement? I’m looking as well.

Holokai

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Adventure
So does Grady white usually respond to web based inquiries?

Yes, I’m guessing maybe one more day. They’ve replied to every inquiry I’ve made and I noticed that the beginning of the week is a little longer (likely due to the weekend backlog).

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I've had good experiences with contacting Grady, too. But keep in mind that they are not "Google" - they are real, live people with other requests ahead of them, along with their regular workload... and lives that they go home to at 5:00 :)

Try looking at Taco Marine's website - whether they have what you are looking for I don't know - but they are a huge supplier of this kind of thing.

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Thanks. They have always been great over the phone, so I'll wait a while. I have two inquiries in, and perhaps they get a lot.

Taco I have already searched...

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Give your dealer "one" try - or call another dealer - they can always ship it. I've heard good things about Taylor Marine Center in Delaware - and I did deal with them once about 5 years getting a small part for my '82 Offshore and they were very helpful. But if you strike out again, then contact Grady again (call them this time) and briefly (but nicely) explain how you tried and ask if Grady can supply you with the part number and manufacturer's contact info. The manufacturer can then either help you directly or point you in the direction of a retail shop.

But it's important to at least try your local dealer as that is what they are supposed to be there for.

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Local dealer was helpful. There are no old parts around, and on mine they have changed from plastic to $tainless. He needs a picture, and will work with GW to see what they can find. More to come...

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Finally got something back from the local dealership. Fortunately, I only had to call 5 times. 8^) GW said that T H Marine makes something, so I looked their site and I think I'll try the one called ECR2. I'll let you know if they fit...

Last edited:

Fishtales

Reaction score
They make quite a variety. Does one match up or are you doing this blind?

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I don't know - person I spoke with seemed to have no idea whatsoever what I was talking about. Maybe I need to try again - I haven't ordered yet.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Do you have the old that you can match up? If I had to guess, I think it is a solid half circle not hollow. Flat on one end and round on the other. One screw. Could be incorrect though.
Could always get the current from GW. I think the big difference is the new ones are chrome metal vs the black or blue rubber from the past.

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
The one on the right hand side is broken.

Attachments

• IMG_20200312_153725.jpg
    IMG_20200312_153725.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 35