sailfish 252 fuel burn twin 225 ficht 2000's

B-Faithful

Reaction score
Crazy how this thread has a life of its own.

I find if funny how Jimmy takes liberty at disseminating information that he has limited information on or no direct experience with (true mark of a professional i guess). I have been on Brian's boat and have fished it. Brian claims there is a slight knock in the one motor but I am not sure there is. The engines ran perfect every time I had been on the boat. One sounds slightly different than the other at idle until it warms up. However with my experience of owning and running twin engine boats I know that both engines rarely sound exactly the same at idle especially when cold. Once warmed up there was nothing noticed at all by me. Brian even took his boat to Tri-State Marine in Maryland, who is a VERY reputable dealer, to have them go over the engines and fully service them before the last time I fished with him. They told him not to worry about it and RUN the motor. They could have easily talked him into work on the motor at that time but being a good dealer told him just to run the motor. Since Brian has claimed to hear a slight "knock" at idle he has also learned that these motors drop 2 cylinders at idle by design. I am not sure that what he is hearing is a result of that. Though I am not a repair man, my thoughts are that Brian is just an over-sensitive boat owner and maintenance freak who wants the world to be absolutely perfect (sorry Brian, you are ANAL). With the way the motors have performed while I have been on the boat I am not sure there is anything wrong at all. With that said, I probably have been one to influence him not to put it in the ad and discuss it with someone who is interested in the boat. After that, It would be up to the buyer to go over the boat with a surveyor or mechanic and make a more educated judgment on the motors (as any buyer should)... To sit behind a computer without knowing someone or the boat is nothing more than keyboard diagnosing without all the information.

Again, I have been on this boat and the motors performed flawlessly eveytime I had been on the boat. The last trip, in the middle of Nov, we ran from Solomons Island MD to the Chesapeake Bay, trolled all day, and steamed home. They ran smoothly and didnt even sneeze despite being hours at near dead idle. I wish my OptiMax was as quiet and smooth as these motors.

I believe Jimmy to be sore that some, including myself, disagree with his points made and he feels compelled to win everyone over at all costs regardless of what it takes..

jimmy's marine service

Reaction score
Re: the truth.....

jimmy's marine service said:
i had a gentleman from north carolina call me today,regarding this very site...he asked me for some info regarding wiring a seperate and dedicated battery system in his rig...this very gentleman thanked for the information i post-that's the whole idea here,it's called helping some one out...
i only give information on what my experience,as well as my knowledge allows,i do this stuff everyday,trust me when i state something,'cause it's true !!!

now,original post,i stated ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

forgive me if i'm wrong....but....isn't that much power on those boats against the rating on the hull from gw ??? in other words,these boats are overpowered ??? that's not good,how do you get the boat insured ??? did you know,if you're involved in a boating accident,and the boat you own,the max hp has been exceeded,you've got some explaining to do...personally,i would avoid that rig with the fichts,the engines are a bad subject,the fact it's over powered is worse....keep looking,you're gonna find a better deal...

coming to a computer near you...
http://www.jimmysmarineservice.com/

here's my girlfriend's pic...

that's exactly what i stated...i was unaware of what brian's boat was powered with,i knew he had yamaha engines,brian sent me a pm,regarding his engines,and a problem with one of them-all previously stated,right ???
now,what we have is something that snowballed into whatever,i've been called a liar,a know it all big mouth,and i can't be wrong...well,truth of the matter is,the boat is overpowered,"capt bill"knew it,that's why brian had to sign a disclosure-read his prior posts,if there was no problem,then why did brian have to sign a disclosure ??? interesting huh ??
now,i called grady white,i got the answer i knew i would get...i posted that answer,i stated if anyone doubted me,call grady,again,how many of you guys did ??? no answer yet,why is that ??? all you guys who've trashed me,but yet,no one has posted the results of a contact with grady regarding the overpowering of one of their boats,WHY???
"got a call this morning,after filling out a quote request yesterday,the coverage was declined,due tothe fact the boat has been overpowered"...that's what i stated,go back reread it,that was boat us...i posted their number as well...filled out qa quote request on line,that's NOT what i stated,did it over the phone...get it right...ok ?? i can only tell someone this,i've NEVER SEEN A BOAT MFG,STATE,IN WRITING OR OTHERWISE,IT"S OK WITH THEM TO USE MORE HORSEPOWER THAN THEIR MAXIMUM RECCOMENDED HP...WHY DO YOU THINK THAT IS ??? you guys can claim anything you want,it means absolutley nothing,i know the correct answer to this question,so does "capt bill",that' why he had brian sign a disclosure,to cover his azzz...wonder why ???

side note....gonna get a few more guys mad at me,but hey,what the hell...

got a "pm" from brian,gw204,regarding my mention of a problem with his engines,he asked me this...

:: Home :: Gallery

FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups
Profile You have no new messages Log out [ jimmy's marine service ]

Inbox Sentbox Outbox Savebox

Grady White Boat Owners Forum Index
Inbox :: Message
To: jimmy's marine service
Posted: Jan Wed 02, 2008 9:41 pm
Subject: Overpowering...
Hey Jimmy, I know you're not busting my balls.

I was hoping you would take that mention of a knock out of your post though. I'm not trying to hide that fact but I'm not advertising it either.

How was your holiday?

Brian

http://www.greatgrady.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6388
1981 Mako 17 Project
1975 Aquasport 170 Project - For Sale
http://www.greatgrady.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6107

All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to: Select a forum Great Grady Forums----------------General DiscussionTips, Modifications and ElectronicsFor Sale/WantedGrady White GatheringsPhoto SectionFishing Reports

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

this was my reply....

:: Home :: Gallery

FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups
Profile You have no new messages Log out [ jimmy's marine service ]

Inbox Sentbox Outbox Savebox

Grady White Boat Owners Forum Index
Sent :: Message
To: gw204
Posted: Jan Mon 07, 2008 2:15 pm
Subject: Re: Overpowering...
sorry brian,i mean absolutley no offense,but i will not reword what i stated...in m y opinion,if you're not disclosing the fact one of the engines on the boat has a problem,you're lying and you're trying to cheat someone-that's terrible !!! i believe in complete honesty,clearly,you don't...shame on you !!! this is called "a round world"...by that i mean,you're selling a rig with a bad crank shaft,when you purchase a pursuit,would you want the owner to not disclose a problem ??? get it ???
that's a sleazy move,i thought you were a decent guy...guess i was wrong...

coming to a computer near you...
http://www.jimmysmarineservice.com/

here's my girlfriend's pic...