SCAD tank level monitor

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Used this to replace bad float sensor in shitank. I removed bad macerator too. Stick to outside of plastic tank. I put display on dash instead of in the head. On dash lets me see it while pumping out. Will only use pump out station. You do need extra wire. It only comes with connectors on short wires
I got 22awg/4 cable on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BVYXPMM4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I have not tested levels yet as the tank is empty and I was on blocks. Will report back on it
IMG_2220.jpegIMG_2204.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Fowl Hooked

Fowl Hooked

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I've been looking to do the same and this was a leading candidate. Good idea about the sensor up on the dash. How big is the display? I'm likely going to redo my instrument panel (again) and could incorporate this into the planning.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I've been looking to do the same and this was a leading candidate. Good idea about the sensor up on the dash. How big is the display? I'm likely going to redo my instrument panel (again) and could incorporate this into the planning.
its about 2" square maybe. I'll take a pic next time at boat. Its in the pic above in a plastic anti-static bag

Its surface mount with tiny screws. Drill 1/2 to 5/8" hole for plug

I figure on the dash I can see it when pumping out.

Fowl Hooked

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I like it. Wondering if the indicator lights would be a distraction when running in the dark, I've got a roll of electrical tape in the glove box for this problem but is there a cover or can the brightness be adjusted?

HMBJack

Reaction score
Looks great. I especially like the idea of installing it without the need to "open" the holding tank :)

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I like it. Wondering if the indicator lights would be a distraction when running in the dark, I've got a roll of electrical tape in the glove box for this problem but is there a cover or can the brightness be adjusted?
Only indicates when you touch it or if it is at alarm level.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
indicator light are only on for a few seconds when you push button to read tank level

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Used this to replace bad float sensor in shitank. I removed bad macerator too. Stick to outside of plastic tank. I put display on dash instead of in the head. On dash lets me see it while pumping out. Will only use pump out station. You do need extra wire. It only comes with connectors on short wires
I got 22awg/4 cable on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BVYXPMM4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I have not tested levels yet as the tank is empty and I was on blocks. Will report back on it
View attachment 29673View attachment 29675
I installed one 2 years ago and it works great. it is amazingly accurate too. The original one was always bouncing around and never provided me with accurate readings. I moved my switch for macerator to an unused switch on the cockpit panel.

Attachments

• Scad Mini.jpg
    Scad Mini.jpg
    988.7 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: SkunkBoat