Spreader Light switch

jimintheair3

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have the stock light switch on my 232 2004 hanging from my radio box. It controls a white/red light with one small black switch and the spreader lights with another black switch. The spreader "button" or switch quit working. I can not figure out how to get into this light. their are two screws in the box, but they turn and do nothing. Has anyone had this apart? Its a perco

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Just did this repair on my Salifish Saturday. I believe it iis the same ligh fixture. They are though bolted - radio box to the light. The first thing you need to do is pop off the clear plastic dome. It is on pretty snuggly. I used a couple of this srew drivers to pop it off, be careful not to break it. It has 4 slots that snap it to mounting fixture. Once this is off you will see the small nuts that are part of the through bolting. They are awkward size. I just used a needle nose pliers to grab them and they came right off. The switch is a perco available at your dealer for 13 bucks -it just screws in and crimp the two wires and your set for a few years.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
No - I was close to mey dealer and just showed them the what i needed. It was probably labeled but I did not notice it. They did say it was fairly common for that switch to blow. Mine actually blew out while it was on. The lights were working and they just faded away and the switch was just frozen.

jimintheair3

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The same thing with me, on then turned off with switch frozen. The lens does come off. Very careful.
Called GW Guest 8019202R2S-B
Switch only Perco #0701DP
TY Jim

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Dome light / Spreader light switches

My spreader light switch went out too. I found them at DigiKey.com - great price - order a couple of them for spares. Same vendor part that Guest uses.

504PB-ND $1.54 Spreader light switch
522PB-ND $2.52 Dome light switch

Nole

Reaction score
Model
Chase
Does anyone have a part number for the entire dome light with red and white and a spreader switch? Mine has yellowed out and I’d like to replace the whole thing.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Complete dome light assemblies are no longer available. I bought a few of the plastic domes with 1 switch off eBay last year and modified it to be identical to OEM.

Here is the eBay listing. Says they have them. 4 lights per order $40. Other members may want to buy the extras from you.

Last edited:

Nole

Reaction score
Model
Chase
Complete dome light assemblies are no longer available. I bought a few of the plastic domes with 1 switch off eBay last year and modified it to be identical to OEM.

Here is the eBay listing. Says they have them. 4 lights per order $40. Other members may want to buy the extras from you.

These don’t have the two switches. Do you use an ACC to rewire the spreaders?

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
These don’t have the two switches. Do you use an ACC to rewire the spreaders?
I took the parts out of my old one and made a new one. DigiKey has the switches. See my old post: search hookup1 and DigiKey.