Spring projects...

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
That's what they are. Mine has them, I think they all do. They come with tape on the end, might be a good idea to put a plug in the ends to keep insects from building in there, In case someone adds an aux tank some day. My '93 Tournament actually came with an extra set of fill and vent hoses, taped to the ones in use, for a single tank. Maybe Grady realized how difficult they make it on future owners to do some simple tasks, like thru hulls and hose connections.
I also tried to spray all the grime out of that pump filter screen, and made a mess of the kitchen sink, before realizing that the filter cover unscrews, the screen comes out, and it is really simple. I hope you figured it out sooner than I did, I must not have had my readers on.

Novah

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
For my tandem trailer I have one of these. Pull or back up good tire onto it and replace flat or bearings. Left over from my horse trailer days.

View attachment 19397
Amazon description and other people reviewing say it will not work on leaf spring trailers with more than 30 inches between axles. My 208 trailer has 33 inches between axles. And yes, a similar device works well on my ex wife's horse trailer. Not sure of the axle to axle spacing or if it is leaf spring or torsion on the horse trailer. Have you used it successfully? What are your axle spacing.

JJRS

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
This years list seems long, but hopefully all manageable in a few full days. Our first pair of HPDI's and we are going through the fuel system. Every time I give the list some thought I think of something else.

Pull Injectors and send them for service (done waiting on their return)
VST Filters
Mystery Filters in HP Fuel Pumps
Low Pressure Fuel Pumps
Spark Plugs
Upper Shaft Seals on Lower Unit
Water Pumps
Thermostats
Fix Faded Yamaha Gauges (not bad at all, there is a great YouTube video)
Replace Sending Unit (done)

Remove Previous Owners Layers of Poly-Glow (in progress)
Typical PM's and Spring Cleaning

Hoping we are setting ourselves up for success with attention to fuel system but time will tell.
New here.

Would you post some links to faded gauge restoration? I have (1) on my 208 that works fine and is super faded.

Thx