The New Adventure

ttles714

Reaction score
Anyone know the Average price for this new model ( Adventure) ?

MA208

Reaction score
150k or so from what I’ve seen.

D.D.

Reaction score
Picked mine up last week.......You are in the $150ish range. Great Boat!

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Boat Trader has them brand new for anywhere between $155k on up to $165k depending on options, likely the the location, dealer markups and so forth.

D.D.

Reaction score
Hard top option was $18k alone. Does not take much to push the envelope. Discount was ~4% give or take...

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Dang... $18k just for the hardtop option alone? That's more than a tenth of the price of the boat right there by itself. In regards to pricing, I also think that inflation definitely has a bit to do with it, as well as GW probably thinks that since it's an almost 22' boat, that they should be able to sell it for at least what they were able to sell the 228 Seafarer's for, if not more. Although, a brand new GW 232 Gulfstream is now in the $225k range, which to me is just completely mind boggling.

Last edited:

billyttpd

Reaction score
I would order it without the hardtop and put an after market one on.....save thousands

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
An aftermarket top means custom canvas. Does the hardtop option include an enclosure?
I don't believe so. If you go onto the GW website, click on the 218 Adventure and then scroll down until you see the "Standard Features" as well as the "Optional Features" that are available. If you look under "Optional Features" you'll see "Hardtop w/painted aluminum frame, storage net, side mounted rod holders (4), LED spreader lights, tri-colored (red, blue, white) recessed lights (4), radar flat & outrigger plates" and if you click on the pictures to the left of that, you'll see just a picture of the hardtop and those options mentioned above. Below that you'll see another "Optional Feature" for "Hardtop color - underside of fiberglass hardtop (requires hardtop & matching gelcoat color option)", which sounds like it's literally just having the underneath side of the hardtop painted to be the same color as the side of the boat. Then, if you go down below that you'll see "Canvas Options", which have options for your hardtop drop, front and side curtains... which add even more money or options into the build.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
After looking a bit on Google, I came across this website that shows the prices on the "Optional Features" like the hardtop and yes, for a brand new 2023 GW 218 Adventure it says that the option for the hardtop alone is $18,935. Or at least that's what it costs for the dealers near my location, it might be slightly different elsewhere though. If you do price out a 218 Adventure with every option on it, it totals up to be $124,875 for the invoice and then the MSRP is $178,390, which is a dealer markup of almost $55k. Which to me is just crazy. This is a pretty cool website though, you can even go back a few years until 2011 for the makes and models that were available at the time to see what the costs of the options and features were. I looked on the site at a 2011 GW 228 Seafarer and even moderately optioned it was right around $100k. Yet a 2011 GW 208 Adventure still starts off at $30k less than the 228 Seafarer and a pretty well optioned one was right around the $75k range. No wonder they're a more popular and better selling model as there's about a $30k price difference between the two boats...

Last edited:

D.D.

Reaction score
Enclosure is NOT included in hard top. Also, additional 4 rod holders that are hard top mounted up top are additional.

billyttpd

Reaction score
Aftermarket top and canvas can be had for less than 18k. I read somewhere t tops and hardtops are the most marked up item from a boat manufacturer...

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
My local dealer has one with a $139,000 price tag on it. Seems pretty well optioned with the hardtop, plumbed port-potti and livewell. I recall seeing the tracks and snaps for curtains, but didn't see the curtains on the boat.

Is possible that it is a leftover model already? I didn't look at that.

It would be unusual for anything boating related in my area to cost less than other areas. Maybe I missed the big hole in the bottom :cool: .

Rob

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
My local dealer has one with a $139,000 price tag on it. Seems pretty well optioned with the hardtop, plumbed port-potti and livewell. I recall seeing the tracks and snaps for curtains, but didn't see the curtains on the boat.

It would be unusual for anything boating related in my area to cost less than other areas. Maybe I missed the big hole in the bottom :cool: .

Rob
It could be a 2022 model year, as I believe this model was introduced last year, or it could even be a slightly “used” 2023 model that someone ended up not wanting.

luckydude

Reaction score
Website
mcvoy.com
Model
Seafarer
After looking a bit on Google, I came across this website that shows the prices on the "Optional Features" like the hardtop and yes, for a brand new 2023 GW 218 Adventure it says that the option for the hardtop alone is $18,935. Or at least that's what it costs for the dealers near my location, it might be slightly different elsewhere though. If you do price out a 218 Adventure with every option on it, it totals up to be $124,875 for the invoice and then the MSRP is $178,390, which is a dealer markup of almost $55k. Which to me is just crazy. This is a pretty cool website though, you can even go back a few years until 2011 for the makes and models that were available at the time to see what the costs of the options and features were. I looked on the site at a 2011 GW 228 Seafarer and even moderately optioned it was right around $100k. Yet a 2011 GW 208 Adventure still starts off at $30k less than the 228 Seafarer and a pretty well optioned one was right around the $75k range. No wonder they're a more popular and better selling model as there's about a $30k price difference between the two boats...

I looked at an 208 Adventure before deciding to buy the 228. Yep, $30K more for a swim platform, 50 more HP, and 2 feet of deck space.
I asked my dealer why that was $30K more and he said "Because people pay it". Lovely.

I'm sticking with my 228, she's a good boat and was a lot cheaper.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Beyond A Wake

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
30% seems like a "normal" dealer share of MSRP. That shows that Boat show prices with normally a 20 to even 30% discount probably is split between dealer and mfctr.
What rapidly adds to the price are all electronics and fishing gear. Often options also carry higher margins than "base" boat.

Supply and demand will determine willingness to bargain, also time in inventory is crucial, you don't want to have it sitting for long times tying up space and funds, unless you need something to fill showroom with.

Same goes for cars except margins are much thinner for dealers up front.

With all the inflation it is unlikely prices will drop a lot except for recession type conditions.

H

billyttpd

Reaction score

Rob
What did it have for power??? The @18 I saw at the AC Boat show was 158K but it did have a 250 Yamaha on it

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I
I looked at an 208 Adventure before deciding to buy the 228. Yep, $30K more for a swim platform, 50 more HP, and 2 feet of deck space.
I asked my dealer why that was $30K more and he said "Because people pay it". Lovely.

I'm sticking with my 228, she's a good boat and was a lot cheaper.
I think that, and I’m not trying to sound rude here, but that a 208 Adventure is maybe more of an entry level boat or one made more for “the family man”? It’s versatile, you can pull the kids behind it easily on an inner tube or ski, you can cruise with the wife or other couples on it, you can fish off of it as well and it’s listed at a pretty competitive price point for a family to be able to buy. That being said, bumping up in size to the 228 Seafarer makes for a little bit of a different ballgame where you’ve got a little bit bigger, heavier and imo a bit more of a dedicated fishing boat for those that are much more serious about fishing. You can definitely still do all of the things mentioned above and then some, but imo it’s more meant for the serious or more competitive fisherman as opposed to the 208 Adventure. Especially when it comes to the $30k+ price difference between the two… the average joe probably will think that “I don’t need that big or fancy of a boat and a 20 footer will be just fine.”