The only better boat than a Grady is a bigger Grady and I'm going bigger

loubeer

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Congrats on your new purchase. I am fortunate to have purchased an 8-year-old used 330 in 2011, trading in my Marlin 30. Everything was a lot more affordable then :cool:.

I know both boats and can only say good things about them. Both of the hulls handled remarkably well for their size, and I never felt uncomfortable, even on the snotty days. I used both boats for fishing and fun weekenders at the SoCal Islands and, while a little comfier in the 330, both boats did the job. I still miss the deep walk-around feature of the Marlin - made big fish fishing a lot of fun and safer.

You'll have a blast - enjoy!

wrxhoon

Reaction score
Congratulations Lucky, I'm sure you will love the new toy. I hope your health improves.

Punchline Cap

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 236
Congratulations, hope you get many healthy years of enjoyment out of it. Quick question, how many time have you looked at the Marlin pictures on the Grady White website?

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Lucky dude that’s a pretty nice boat ! Maybe one day I’ll make the jump ;)

HMBJack

Reaction score
Congratulations Larry. We all only go around this thing called "life" once so we might as well make it count huh?

I'm the one who coined the phrase:
"The only boat better than a Grady-White, is a BIGGER Grady-White"

GW's Marketing Director back in North Carolina should adopt this phrase and send me a bottle of wine (lol).
But I stand by this phrase. I had a 228 and loved the thing. Best 22 footer ever designed. But I wanted something more substantial for our horrible NorCal waters. I upgraded to a 265 Express. The 265 is a great boat until I went on an Albacore trip on a 330 Express. A month later, I bought my own 330. I'v had the 330 for over 11 years now and no need for me to upsize again. It's a beast and I love it...

I finally met Gary the other day and saw his beautiful Marlin 300. He is across the fairway from me and is a nice guy.

Anyway, I just wanted to say I someday look forward to meeting you as well. And many congrats on the Marlin. You will not be disappointed!

Jack
F/V Jigmaster
Pillar Point Harbor

Timcan

Reaction score
Congrats Larry it’s going to be a great 2022 for you with the new toy. By the way my son can’t stop talking about your house he loved the chickens and digging holes for worms.

hooked on Grady

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Thats awesome, best of luck with it. Sorry to hear of your health issues but it sounds like it was time to look out for number one. It would seem by your writing you spent most of your life making sure others had what they need or wanted, IT'S YOUR TURN NOW!! you only live once. Enjoy

GEII

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 257
Congrats! I had a Marlin for about seven years and loved it. A bow thruster was pretty sweet to have when docking on a windy day at the Marina. Good Luck!

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'd look at the transom and see if they can do it right at the factory or have a local shop reglass the top prior to putting it into the water.

Reactions: tish and DogBone