Touch up paint

Whazzup

Reaction score
I dinged the motor cover for my 200 hp Yamaha outboard. It’s the standard gray. Where can you get touch up paint for this? Thanks in advance

Whazzup

Reaction score
The dealer said the paint won’t match, it has to be repaired ?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
There "might" be the slightest of mismatch due to sun fade. Maybe. But the biggest "mismatch" will come not from the color but instead from how you apply and blend it in (prep and then wetsand/buff, etc).

wrxhoon

Reaction score
What Dennis said is true. Once you repair the damage and prime it then you spay medium coats ( 2- 3) to cover the primed area then you blend out further ( spay a very light coat as you move further the coat should much less). When it's done you spray clear on the whole area, preferably all the cover so you don't have an edge, with time you will see that edge more .
If you never sprayed before and you want a good job take it to a pro like a car panel shop, they will even mix their own paint and you will never see the difference.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
My engines are 2017 F250 and this color is a perfect match. Colorite.com is the company.
I used the spray paint and topped with clear coat and it blends right in.
clear-pixel.gif
Yamaha 008D Dark Bluish Gray #1 (DBN1)
  • SKU # : 5364-S
  • Vendor : ColorRite
  • Manufacturer : Yamaha
  • Manufacturer Code : 008D

Sdfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I just picked some up from West Marine, I think it Moller brand - $15. I just needed to touch up a small spot on my skeg and it was perfect for that. Motor is 2019 F150.