Transom Repair - South Jersey

cgmiller

Reaction score
Twim 300's..Bob your crazy..the boat is fast enough with the 150's....well gents, the transom got poured today...thankful for the rain and Scott's broken truck (so he is stuck at shop)....I am starting to actually get excited since the end of this ordeal is actually getting closer....

gw204

Reaction score
There's no such thing as "fast enough"... :lol:

I ran across another 225 Johnson on Craigslist the other day and the wheels started turning. Hmmm...a 450 HP outboard powered Formula 233. :wow

sfc2113

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
gw204 said:
There's no such thing as "fast enough"... :lol:

I ran across another 225 Johnson on Craigslist the other day and the wheels started turning. Hmmm...a 450 HP outboard powered Formula 233. :wow

:jaw I think the fuel guage will move faster than the speedometer :doh

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Edentcraft, the company that uses the Formula 233 mold to make new boats in Australia, i believe tested the boat with twin ox250's. I have to look and find the article. Boat was flying at almost 70 MPH.

cgmiller

Reaction score
Brian,
may stop by to see her tonight....he told me that he would be ready for the final inspection on saturday...

gw204

Reaction score
Awesome! Those F300s should be on by next weekend.

Just drop me a PM and let me know when and where to pick up the F150s... :lol:

cgmiller

Reaction score
Stopped by to see the boat yeaterday and brought the wife to put the "fear of god" into the fiberglass guy and try to motivate him to finish the damn job..anyway , he is getting a litte closer each week to actually finishing the job...maybe this week...maybe not..who knows......here are some pics from yesterday. Looks liek he just has finish work to do and then repainting the gel coat...

001-6.jpg

002-6.jpg

004-7.jpg

003-8.jpg

005-8.jpg

006-7.jpg

cdwood

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
"The boat is going in the shop on March 1st and should be out in 2 weeks with a new lease on life.."

I feel your pain, and don't be afraid to turn the ol' lady loose if all else fails

cgmiller

Reaction score
Hold onto your hats boys and girls..the fiberglass guy actually sprayed the damn gel coat this afternoon.....can you believe it...he sent a pciture to my phone to prove it..I almost fell out of my chair since I blew on him this morning since he was supposed to do it yesterday but spent the day repairing cracks at the aft end of the access hatch on the inside of the transom but did not share that info with me....OH well...should be going to see her on Saturday for a final inspection..keep your fingers crossed...

cgmiller

Reaction score
Stopped by to check in the final stages of the transom replacement today. The fiberglass guy was sanding the gel coat. He will then reinstall the transom component (drains, tabs, swim step)s, which he should have done in a day or two...yea ha!

001-7.jpg

002-7.jpg

005-9.jpg

009-5.jpg

She may actually be back at the house by the end of next week for the rest of her transformation...including fuel system replacement, thru hull drains replacement, new name and prettying up....hopefully she sees the ocean before the end of freakin July 2011...

cgmiller

Reaction score
I am supposed to go and see the finished product tonight after work..keep your fingers, toes, legs and arms crossed...

cgmiller

Reaction score
Stopped by the shop this evening to check on progress..Scott is finishing up the job..the gel coat is all sanded and polished and he is installing the transom equipment..he will be done tomorrow....she looks fantastic....better than a new ..at least her butt does right now....

001-8.jpg

008-8.jpg

009-6.jpg

004-9.jpg

005-10.jpg

014-2.jpg

015-2.jpg

017-1.jpg

She will be home soon...the guys even surprised me by scraping the bottom...

cgmiller

Reaction score
Stopped by the shop and did the final inspection of the boat..everything is done and she is ready for the yammie dealer to come and pick her up tomorrow to put the engines back on..yeah ha!

001-9.jpg

004-10.jpg