Update on engines....back to the drawing board lol

seasick

Reaction score
You can backup your data like waypoints, routes, trailes, etc. You can keep a copy of the firmware update but you can't make a backup of the SD chip map data by copying it. I wish it were that simple.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
@seasick - I beg to differ.. heh.. I have a backup of the map data on my backup drive. I downloaded them to the only 32gb card I had, a Micro SD card. I then copied the "Garmin" directory on my "D" drive, and pulled the 32gb SD card from the boat and copied them onto it. It worked fine doing it that way.

Now, I think the files are locked to my Garmin expresss, so I doubt they would work for a different Garmin other than the 7610xsv that is registered on my account, but I was able to transfer the files themselves and tested both ActiveCaptain cards and they worked fine.

Oh, the reason I did this was so it did not take 2 hours to remake the SD card, but the Garmin did not like the MicroSD adapter card.

R

seasick

Reaction score
Were these the builtin maps? That I can understand but not if you are copying a Navionics map chip.
There is a way to get the Navionics maps on a computer or phone but that requires a subscription.

Shannon C.

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Back on the engines, how is it going down there in Texas Russ?

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Oh no, these were the upgrades to the built-in maps. Navonics, agreed, not something you can copy that I know of.

now, there may be imaging software like rufus that can do it, but never tried.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Back on the engines, how is it going down there in Texas Russ?

eh, did not get time today. The kids needed time. I am home alone tomorrow so plan for an early start....and back on topic;)

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Both engines peeing fine. Older one had some sludge but it flushed out and was working well. Other one took a few seconds but ended up working fine.

So, on to the next small issue, testing the trailer, once this rain stops lol.

R