Water in bilge 99 Bimini 306

mlyons321

Reaction score
Model
Bimini
Hello all! I could use some advice please. I have a 99 Bimini 306 with twin Verado 250’s and during my last 2 fishing trips, I noticed lots of water being pumped out of the bilge when holding spots for bottom fishing. It was rough both times and a significant amount of water was coming into the splash well over the transom. I have resealed the 3 round hatches in the floor of the splashwell before my first outing. What I noticed today was also a gap under the aluminum cap that runs along the transom where the motors mount. Does anyone know if this is normal? Should it be sealed up? Transom seems solid, there is some separation of this aluminum cap from the fiberglass. Could this be where water is coming in? Haven’t noticed any water in bilge under normal running or sitting conditions.

And advise would be much appreciated

Best,
Michael

Sdfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Hi Michael,
I'm not familiar with your boat, but the transom cap should be looked at since water can and will enter it and water log your transom. I had the top filled with thickened epoxy and then capped with a stainless trim piece. There are a few threads on here discribing the cap and issues with it.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_3668.JPG
    IMG_3668.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3641.JPG
    IMG_3641.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3624.JPG
    IMG_3624.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 32

Kggrady30

Reaction score
Model
Bimini
Is there any way to tell if there is moisture in the transom before removing that and resealing it?