What does everyone do for a living?

The_Chain

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I was just curious what everyone does for a living on here. I know we all love our off time boating but what do people do during there 9-5 grind that affords us to enjoy our boating life. For me Im a Geophysist/Geologist, living in houston working for an oil major..I specialize in deepwater (4000ft +) assests and exploration offshore Nigeria.

irie mon

Reaction score
I am a blood sucking lawyer, but please don't hold that against me, I am actually a pretty nice guy.

Irie Mon
2003 Express 330

shadow379

Reaction score
Im a professional firefighter/ fireboat captain/ US Coast Guard reservist. I actually appreciate lawyers, as i have ex-wife itis. Thats one reason I own a grady for aqua therapy!

mboyatt

Reaction score
Like ire mon, I too am a blood sucking lawyer. But I much prefer drinking beer and being on my 192 tournament with the kids and wife.

noXcuse

Reaction score
Lots of civil servants on here. Lol. I'm a cop myself. Awaiting my sgt. promotion right now.

Grandpapat

Reaction score
I am a spokesman for a major oil company in Houston. And I almost needed a lawyer when I bought my boat without telling my wife!

The_Chain

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I can contribute my divorce 2 years ago to the purchase of my grady, she said okay, then decided no after I already had it..Great thing is I got my grady that I wanted since I was a kid, bonus is the new girlfriend loves to spend time on it more then me :) its a good problem...

Thanks for those who are preticipating in this I just thought it would be interesting to see and maybe some connections made, so far a few cops, a few lawyers and and few oil guys...special thanks to our boys in blue, keep up the good work.

Wally World

Reaction score
I am a Sales Director for a Copier/Software company. 15 years selling BS. Whatever, it pays the bills and allows me to have a 330 Express.

Springman26

Reaction score
Another cop here. 16 yrs Long Island. I'm gonna need some more overtime to keep fueling my 283 Release. Love love the boat but man she uses some fuel!

Fishtales

Reaction score
Director of Software Engineering at a high tech firm. Now my four kids private schools and college payments take my fun money. Glad I got the boat when I did....

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Sales engineer for a construction materials manufacturer.

River Rat

Reaction score
To the "blood sucking lawyers", I'm a general contractor....we're held in about the same esteem...everybody hates us 'till they need us...lol

mboyatt

Reaction score
River Rat, yeah, you general contractors suck. :D just kigging! We have a 1932 house, so I rely on you guys a lot. Knock on wood, I have really had good experiences with my contractors. Except for the money it costs to keep up an old house. Kind of like a Grady. Money pits.

g0tagrip

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I am a retired USAF Fighter Pilot, 30 years of flying, plus 16 years teaching young F-15 pilots to fly the Eagle. Now I fish when ever the weather, and my CINC (wife) allow. If I am not fishing I tinker with my Marlin. Love every second on my boat.

billyttpd

Reaction score
As if my username didn't give it away I too am a cop. Nice to see some supportive comments for our efforts on here....and to the general contractor your right nobody likes you til they need you but at least they can find a lawyer.....Just kidding

Coconut330

Reaction score
I'm a Manager at a Wholesale Distributor of Wine and Spirits. I'm sure that most everybody has some of our products when out.
Just remember to have a designated driver and have fun.

Grady_Crazy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Owner of a Small Computer Company specializing in Dental Offices. Also do x-ray equipment.