What have you done to your Grady lately?

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Launched on 5/10
Put my RADAR mast, RADAR/FLIR, all around white light back on the boat. VHF too, because it needs to come out to get the mast off. The whole setup has to come off for over the hwy travel to the storage facility.
Detailed the boat inside and out.
Touched up a few gel coat chips
Put all of the gear on board and got things organized
Tightened up the on-board flush fixtures.

Next up: replace a slam latch and a few cup holder drains (those little white GEMLUX fittings that break)

Reactions: Stephnic

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
i got the name on, bled the trailer brakes and replaced both trailer tail lights because of a blown fuse in the truck (yea, i know, i was a bit disappointed in myself when i figured out the actual problem, haha)

Name Application 2.JPGName Done.jpg

Reactions: Stephnic and Sdfish

hooked on Grady

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Well....I have done quite a few mods or just added extras on my 2006 Adventure. Auto pilot, hinges on the stern covers, battery charger, enlargerd the helm box (for gps ) installed hinges so have two 9 inch gps flush mounted making the space behind still usable for operation manuals. Brought water from the wash down pump to one of the fish boxes to cool the catch. Hinged and installed a floor in the the stern fresh water hatch to hold fishing gear and downrigger weights. Installed 8 hp kicker with ties to the main. 4 blue deck lights. Collaplsable table for lunch cruises or tying gear. Installed a folding floor in the cabin for easy removal, giving more storage space without going down in the cabin. Installed iTroll for easy trolling speeds. Purchased and installed a new bow pulpit. New springs and bow bunks on the Road king trailer, changed the shoe brakes to disks. Two new cabin lights with touch control. Two grab bars on the top of the gunnels to assist in hauling my ageing butt into the boat. Two Scotty mounts and down riggers. Did all the changes (mods) myself so have an intamate knowledge of my yacht. ok... thats enough but you did ask.
AND?

hooked on Grady

Reaction score
Model
Offshore

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hey Trapper - can you post some pics when you have a chance, I'd love to see some of those upgrades. Which autopilot did you go with?
I went with the Furuno Nav pilot 300. The remote steering and the the Sabiki mode sold me on the unit which has proven to be a great AP. I will get some pics up of my modifications ........I know thy are around somewhere on my laptop.??

Reactions: Sdfish

GradyGuy3420

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Not a current update. But I added doors in each step going to the bow to open up and utilize the dead space under the steps. additionally I added a drawer in the companion seat compartment and a helm table for docktail parties.

View attachment 29621
View attachment 29622View attachment 29622View attachment 29623
Do you have a link or product name for the table? We did the same thing but only have a cheapo plastic one and would like to upgrade.
Looks great!!
Thanks.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Table was custom made out of cherry.

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
not so much to the boat, but for the boat...i built a driveway extension so i dont have to keep the boat down a 23% grade hill. i ended up getting 4 tri-axles of fill dirt and one of stone. it has always been a pain having the boat down the hill. if it was raining or recently rained, it was a no go. i also really didnt like disconnecting the trailer from the truck on a hill like that

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
bought a whole boat cover. i didnt like the new uphulstry sitting in the sun all day or the idea of it getting rained on. also found out that a bird was sitting on the vhf antenna and crapping on the deck. i bought from national cover. so far so good. it goes over the pulpit all the way to over the engines.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Sdfish, you can see pics of my mods (changes) on the "tips modifications and electronics" area of the forum. Yes I got a little carried away, but retirement can make one invent perceived improvements when on completion question their validity. But o boy are they fun!

Reactions: Halfhitch

Automated14

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Sdfish, you can see pics of my mods (changes) on the "tips modifications and electronics" area of the forum. Yes I got a little carried away, but retirement can make one invent perceived improvements when on completion question their validity. But o boy are they fun!
It's not just for the retired lol. Between getting all the existing gadgets working and adding new ones, I don't know how I find time to work.

Sdfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Thanks for posting!

dogdoc

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Finished my helm clean up with installation of new but smaller compass. Now on to bow pulpit/anchor roller, if it ever stops raining.

dash.jpgpanel.jpgswitch before.jpghelm.jpg

Reactions: Sdfish

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
It seems that I could never find a good place on deck for the throw cushion, so I made a canvas pocket that I attached with YKK SNAD (self adhesive snap fasteners) to the area between the footrests.

Attachments

• Throw cushion before small.jpg
    Throw cushion before small.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Throw cushion after small.jpg
    Throw cushion after small.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: igblack87 and Ekea

igblack87

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
It seems that I could never find a good place on deck for the throw cushion, so I made a canvas pocket that I attached with YKK SNAD (self adhesive snap fasteners) to the area between the footrests.
Cool! Nice work.

dogdoc

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
safety device for man overboard

Automated14

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Hey, what model are those fold up footrests?