What's the beef about Grady on that other boating forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoutheastFL

Reaction score
Re: Southeast FL, Great Imposter

Miss Sadie said:
OK, I give! Uncle, Uncle! Your superior intellect and unshakable truths about our inferior boats have won the day! We can all rest easier knowing you're always around to point out how dumb we are to actually think our Grady's are well built and worth what we pay for them. If we stray, you will definitely set us straight. How did we get so lucky! But, rather than ponder this unanswerable question, I have decided to end my quest to have you retreat to your mountain top and reflect on your magnificence. Instead I have accepted the fact that you are all powerful and ever present! Thank you for saving us from ourselves! And, you can have the last word, I await your pronouncement of victory!

Ed

No, the difference is I don't use profanity or personal attacks when I disagree with what someone else says - I post facts and let people decide for themselves whats best for them.

Grady282owner

Reaction score
Ok already we know Grady makes our boats with wood stringers!!! We get it!! Go on all of the other forums for the TOP boat builders and tell their customers as well but WE get it!!!

Capt. Ed

Reaction score
Southeast FL, Great Imposter-No Personal Attacks?

I couldn't help it, and I promise this is my last post on this thread. Southeast FL, here are just a few "non personal" quotes from your posts addressed to members of this board:

if you can't tell the difference in quality between a sprayed on countertop finish and a solid core one then you'll buy anything as long as it has GW stamped on the side. Fortunately most buyers are much more open minded and objective that they can tell the difference

Where ever you came up with your bogus marketing stats I don't believe them, and thats my right according to your thinking. You just can't stand to hear anyone say something the slightest bit critical of your sacred GWs, even when it'll improve the product and you'll benefit the next time you buy one of these "perfect" boats.

. Obviously you're not even objective enough to acknowledge these facts nor big enough to respect someone else's opinion just because they disagree with you.

The forum would be all the better off if you stuck to the topic at hand and didn't make personal attacks with your digusting "hard on about this" comments.

Obviously your opinions are bought and sold by your relationship with GW, as a dealer or broker.

Sorry richie didn't have time to read your ramblings. But if you enjoy your old technology 2S you go right ahead, along with your rotary dial phone and horse carriage.

Like you admitted, you obviously aren't the most experienced person on this website but you sure are the most close minded. I posted SIX links to back up what I posted and let readers decide for themselves whats best, you and CJ supplied none. Try reading what I post next time before you make all sorts of wild and unsupported assumptions that only serve your very biased opinions.

You sure do have a thin skin CJ. There is nothing "wild" about what I said, I posted facts and figures and left my opinion out of it. I let readers decide for themselves what engine is best for them. You are reading in your own interpretation of what you think I meant and your bias is clearly showing.

prefer to let people review the facts and make their own decision about what engine is best, but the choice is very obvious if you've got an open mind.

Good enough for you or are you a GW robot too ??

When you order your next new GW be sure to post your address so I can send you a "new boat" gift - a nice big bag of suckers

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Flashback of THT :evil: :evil:

Give it up already!!!!

By the way,,,,My Trophy is better than your Tiara,,,,,Isn't a Tiara a sparkly crown little girls wear if they win a beauty pagent? :oops: :oops:

gwwannabe

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If SFL really owns a Tiara, what is he doing hanging around this site? If I owned a truely "superior" product, I wouldn't have a need to frequent this lesser product's site. Unless maybe the Tiara isn't so superior and he really is suffering from GW envy. Why else would he need to hang around and make these posts?

By the way, SFL, you may be stating facts about GWs but it is ONLY YOUR OPINION that those facts are bad or good. Other people have different opinions of those same facts and since they don't agree with you, you get defensive. In my opinion, your criticisms are all on the eye candy level. I'm sure you'll disagree but I don't care because when all is said and done, it's just your opinion. Everyone has one, just like their proverbial backsides.

On some level you provide entertainment, just like the court jesters of old and are probably about as persuasive.

Gary 89 Overnighter

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I only have one question. Why everyone and everywhere compare all the other boats to Grady?

As of the Tiara and Luhrs, what i have seen is many have to repower early due to water in the motor thru the exhaust when backing up. Mufflers are not high enough. That was a problem with gas engine boats.

SoutheastFL

Reaction score
Re: Southeast FL, Great Imposter-No Personal Attacks?

Miss Sadie said:
I couldn't help it, and I promise this is my last post on this thread. Southeast FL, here are just a few "non personal" quotes from your posts addressed to members of this board:

if you can't tell the difference in quality between a sprayed on countertop finish and a solid core one then you'll buy anything as long as it has GW stamped on the side. Fortunately most buyers are much more open minded and objective that they can tell the difference

Where ever you came up with your bogus marketing stats I don't believe them, and thats my right according to your thinking. You just can't stand to hear anyone say something the slightest bit critical of your sacred GWs, even when it'll improve the product and you'll benefit the next time you buy one of these "perfect" boats.

. Obviously you're not even objective enough to acknowledge these facts nor big enough to respect someone else's opinion just because they disagree with you.

The forum would be all the better off if you stuck to the topic at hand and didn't make personal attacks with your digusting "hard on about this" comments.

Obviously your opinions are bought and sold by your relationship with GW, as a dealer or broker.

Sorry richie didn't have time to read your ramblings. But if you enjoy your old technology 2S you go right ahead, along with your rotary dial phone and horse carriage.

Like you admitted, you obviously aren't the most experienced person on this website but you sure are the most close minded. I posted SIX links to back up what I posted and let readers decide for themselves whats best, you and CJ supplied none. Try reading what I post next time before you make all sorts of wild and unsupported assumptions that only serve your very biased opinions.

You sure do have a thin skin CJ. There is nothing "wild" about what I said, I posted facts and figures and left my opinion out of it. I let readers decide for themselves what engine is best for them. You are reading in your own interpretation of what you think I meant and your bias is clearly showing.

prefer to let people review the facts and make their own decision about what engine is best, but the choice is very obvious if you've got an open mind.

Good enough for you or are you a GW robot too ??

When you order your next new GW be sure to post your address so I can send you a "new boat" gift - a nice big bag of suckers

THANK YOU for stating the truth better than I ever could. As you so correctly noted in all the above, NOT ONCE did I ever resort to disgusting profanity like YOU did.

If you think that I am somehow obligated to just sit back and take profane personal attacks from you and not have the right to defend myself then you are once again lying to everyone. My comments were made when someone like yourself couldn't stand to hear the FACTUAL shortcomings about their sacred GW's and made it personal.

What started out as a legitimate thread asking "what's the beef with GW's ?" - my first post directly answered the original posters question with FACTS that you simply didn't like. Your first post was total profanity and name calling with no substance to answer the posters question.

Your profanity clearly shows for all to see what a desperate and insecure low class person you truly are that will use lies, personal attacks, and profanity to prove yourself right when the FACTS about your sacred GW clearly demonstrate the opposite. Once again YOU have demonstrated that for everyone to see so much better than I ever could.

PLEASE PLEASE keep this up, YOU are doing a far better job at degrading YOUR true character for all to see far better I could ever dream of doing.

Lastly, I want you to understand this without any doubt - the next time anyone asks for feedback on GWs, both good and bad, I will ABSOLUTELY be there each and EVERYTIME merely stating the facts so readers can decide for themselves what boat is best for them based on those FACTS - and not profanity and other low class tactics which is all you can offer them.

It will become very clear for all to see that it's YOU who is ruining this forum.

See you the next time a poster asks for facts on GWs and rest assured - I'll be waiting.

SoutheastFL

Reaction score
gwwannabe said:
If SFL really owns a Tiara, what is he doing hanging around this site? If I owned a truely "superior" product, I wouldn't have a need to frequent this lesser product's site. Unless maybe the Tiara isn't so superior and he really is suffering from GW envy. Why else would he need to hang around and make these posts?

By the way, SFL, you may be stating facts about GWs but it is ONLY YOUR OPINION that those facts are bad or good. Other people have different opinions of those same facts and since they don't agree with you, you get defensive. In my opinion, your criticisms are all on the eye candy level. I'm sure you'll disagree but I don't care because when all is said and done, it's just your opinion. Everyone has one, just like their proverbial backsides.

On some level you provide entertainment, just like the court jesters of old and are probably about as persuasive.

Gary 89 Overnighter

I posted because someone asked a legitimate question( what's the beef with GW's ? ) and I have the same right to respond as you do.

And as far as the facts I mentioned being just my "opinion" - you go ask a marine surveyor if a boat with a warranty against hull blisters vs one that doesn't have any such warranty is just a "matter of opinion".

And if a caulked in generator cover vs one guttered and hinged for easy access is again just a "matter of opinion."

When he's through laughing at you, be sure to tell him how superior your GW still is.

Grady282owner

Reaction score
Gwwannabe acknowledged those FACTS, but said who are you to say that they are good or bad engineering ideas or not?! You are not the authority to call Grady design STUPID in how they design some of their features on the boat. Or the bolt on bow pulpits, yes Fact they are bolted on but not a fact that they are ugly, like is YOUR opinion. I love the way mine looks.

SoutheastFL

Reaction score
Grady282owner said:
Gwwannabe acknowledged those FACTS, but said who are you to say that they are good or bad engineering ideas or not?! You are not the authority to call Grady design STUPID in how they design some of their features on the boat. Or the bolt on bow pulpits, yes Fact they are bolted on but not a fact that they are ugly, like is YOUR opinion. I love the way mine looks.

Well that's YOUR opinion and you are entitled to it. I'll trust a professional surveyor who's had far more experience than you when it comes to knowing true quality.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
In my opinion the bolt down hatch IS better/safer. If you get water in the cockpit while backing on a fish the last thing you want is to one of those hatches pop open and fill your bilge with water. I do agree having a hatch there to open is easier to do maintenance on the generator, that is why i guess they changed the design later. I never knew the earlier Marlin windows did not open.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
It's funny that you said you trust the surveyor. When i hired a surveyor for a Grady i was looking to buy, when i told him the make of the boat he said "oh, that boat boat has wood in it", so i told him that a 2,500,000.00 boat also has wood in it what does he mean. I never hired him just because i knew he was biased. And YES you do get those sometime.

Grady282owner

Reaction score
Well that's YOUR opinion and you are entitled to it. I'll trust a professional surveyor who's had far more experience than you when it comes to knowing true quality.

As will I accept a professional surveyors opinion over yours and have done so. And guess what? Both of the surveyors I used both said beautiful boat and had nothing bad to say regarding the construction!

SoutheastFL

Reaction score
NOTHING ELSE MATTERS said:
In my opinion the bolt down hatch IS better/safer. If you get water in the cockpit while backing on a fish the last thing you want is to one of those hatches pop open and fill your bilge with water. I do agree having a hatch there to open is easier to do maintenance on the generator, that is why i guess they changed the design later. I never knew the earlier Marlin windows did not open.

Well thats your opinion and I respect it, though it certainly doesn't sound possible for a rearward opening generator hatch to pop open from water coming in from an open transom door and pushing down on the hatch. It's a practice that seems to be used almost exclusively by just GW as generator and bildge access is a big selling point that many other quality boat builders proudly promote.

SoutheastFL

Reaction score
Grady282owner said:

As will I accept a professional surveyors opinion over yours and have done so. And guess what? Both of the surveyors I used both said beautiful boat and had nothing bad to say regarding the construction!

That's because you were PAYING them.

SoutheastFL

Reaction score
NOTHING ELSE MATTERS said:
It's funny that you said you trust the surveyor. When i hired a surveyor for a Grady i was looking to buy, when i told him the make of the boat he said "oh, that boat boat has wood in it", so i told him that a 2,500,000.00 boat also has wood in it what does he mean. I never hired him just because i knew he was biased. And YES you do get those sometime.

I see your logic now - two wrongs make a right.

Grady282owner

Reaction score
Now you are just being ignorant. You stated you trust a surveyors opinion blah blah blah. You are just looking for arguments at this point and I am personally done with you and this thread so enjoy trying to badmouth a great builder with great customer service and when you buy a boat if you ever do buy a Grady!

G8RDave

Reaction score
Why do ya'll keep taking SEF's bait? He stated his opinion on the first page and you are still arguing with him. To be honest, it is pretty entertaining. :)

SoutheastFL

Reaction score
G8RDave said:
Why do ya'll keep taking SEF's bait? He stated his opinion on the first page and you are still arguing with him. To be honest, it is pretty entertaining. :)

At least one guy gets it ! Well said Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.