Wiper mechanism

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I think there is a setscrew to keep on splined shaft. I’ll check.

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
When I worked in service stations, many decades ago, there was a flat spring wire which pressed against the splined shaft. You had to reach under there with small screwdriver, or a pick , and either lift or depress that spring to slide the arm off.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
The motor is original GW part. The wiper is probably an Ancor automotive black anodized aluminum. Originals were stainless "school bus" type.

The lid does flip up and is part of the wiper arm. The arm attaches to the splined shaft and has a setscrew to retain it.

I removed my wipers and horn and closed the front windows off when I updated the boat 2 years ago.

Screen Shot 2024-05-10 at 4.26.55 PM.png

Reactions: Saltyone

Diad

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Pulling up an old thread. This is the piece that broke on my wipers. After a bit of research, I found out the the company who was making the wipers for the 265 was sold to another company. Gave them a call and were very helpful.

https://www.globalproducts.llc/

View attachment 33484
Did they give you a part number on this? while trying to remove the nut that holds the wiper assembly on, the bolt broke. Wasn’t much pressure at all. I need to order everything that is on the outside of the boat

Saltyone

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Did they give you a part number on this? while trying to remove the nut that holds the wiper assembly on, the bolt broke. Wasn’t much pressure at all. I need to order everything that is on the outside of the boat
He had me measure the arm. Mine measured 22" from the center of each pivot point. The part # he gave me for the arm was LE72113922S. He mentioned they had 24 in stock, but was now obsolete.

The outside adapter plate is Pentograph part # 200241, this is for the "dry" plate. If yours has the washer squirter that come out of the middle of the adaper, the part # is 200242.

Diad

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
He had me measure the arm. Mine measured 22" from the center of each pivot point. The part # he gave me for the arm was LE72113922S. He mentioned they had 24 in stock, but was now obsolete.

The outside adapter plate is Pentograph part # 200241, this is for the "dry" plate. If yours has the washer squirter that come out of the middle of the adaper, the part # is 200242.
Thank you!

Reactions: Saltyone