Woohoo! Finally found the one I wanted!

INSURANCEMAN

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 205
So I had been hunting for quite a while for a good condition 2005 or newer Grady White for a good while. I missed a few deals while trying to sell my Parker 2110 WA. But thankfully so. I happened to find the perfect boat for my family and I. This beauty had been kept in a barn with a tarp on her but serviced regularly and only has 139 hours on her. To say it is in fantastic shape is a understatement...the cushions had never even been put up front, or on the rear seats. The interior and exterior looks brand new, the canvases had also never once been used. The former owner was an older gentleman that couldn't have been any nicer. I paid a good chunk of change for this boat a little more than I planned on but once I saw it I knew this was the one I was looking for! I actually bought it without even starting it after seeing this and talking to him. Being the type of person he was he insisted before I left we hook her up to a hose and start her up just so I knew everything was OK... I told him just looking at the boat and condition of how his things are I can tell it was fine but lets do it. As expected she fired up as soon as I turned the key and sounded perfect!

He had told me about a problem with the Lowrance that is installed in the boat as it will work perfect one second and then it will start flickering some...everything works but just flickers back and forth...then the next time it works fine? I have searched online a bit and the only thing that is making sense is a grounding problem or power? So I am going to dig into that...but I have a brand new SIMRAD GO7 that I purchased to put on my Parker but decided to sell it. So looking for opinions who says just pull out the old Lowrance unit?

And anyone familiar with the Kenwood head unit that is in this thing? Is there a easy way to add bluetooth?

Thanks everyone glad to be part of the Grady White Club!

Attachments

• IMG_1130 (1).jpg
    IMG_1130 (1).jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1127 (1).jpg
    IMG_1127 (1).jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 90
  • GW.jpg
    GW.jpg
    524.3 KB · Views: 98

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Sweet looking boat insuranceman. We have the same model only ours is a 2004. I'm sure you are gonna have a ton of fun. Welcome to the group.

Reactions: INSURANCEMAN

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Good looking boat....I had an '05 with an F225. Closest thing to a 50 MPH GW that I've owned.

You can add a Fusion BT module to that stereo. That Kenwood is a pretty decent unit.

I'd install the GO7 and go with it. Use the old transducer as a fish to pull the transducer (Totalscan) for the GO7 through.

Enjoy....nice looking rig.

McCann5225

Reaction score
Very nice.
Mine was worth the wait but unllike you I wasn’t able to meet the gentleman. Passed away sadly. I hope to be an old guy selling it down the road as well, but not yet.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Congrats on the new rig! I replaced my Kenwood last year with this model. It has Bluetoooth, optional remote and an iPhone app that can control the unit. Best Buy for 99 bucks.
a9578ba7-a64d-4ed2-8f1c-e601a2e3119b_1.2ef2f6da6c0a5d794d4c17dc19d81173.jpeg

Fishtales

Reaction score
unfortunately that kenwood doesn't have blue tooth. another option is the fusion units. I don't have one, but they are pretty darn nice.
nice find and best of luck with her.

INSURANCEMAN

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 205
Congratulations, doesn't it feel good when you finally find that boat that you've been hunting for?
Does it ever man I had missed out on a couple of deals waiting on selling my Parker...and I was getting so mad. When I found this one and saw it I was like a kid in a candy store.

INSURANCEMAN

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 205
Congrats on the new rig! I replaced my Kenwood last year with this model. It has Bluetoooth, optional remote and an iPhone app that can control the unit. Best Buy for 99 bucks.
a9578ba7-a64d-4ed2-8f1c-e601a2e3119b_1.2ef2f6da6c0a5d794d4c17dc19d81173.jpeg

So by any chance do you know if this is a direct plug and play? Will the current remote work? Thanks that’s an option or I may do the fusion Bluetooth module. I added a Bluetooth module to my boxster and it was relatively easy. So maybe I’ll just go that route. Thanks.

Last edited:

INSURANCEMAN

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 205
So I ordered the fusion bt module, and have a friend coming over to help put the simrad in. Hopefully?!? I hope it fits in place of the Lowrance. I know I’ll have to cut a bit.

Bumpye

Reaction score
Very nice! What engine is it. You are aware of the corrosion issues with Yamaha 225"s? Can't tell from the pics if that's what you have.

INSURANCEMAN

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 205
Hi thank you. It has the 200 on the back.

INSURANCEMAN

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 205
Congratulations. That thing looks mint!!!
Congrats on your purchase!! Parkers are great boats, I'd love to hear your opinion on the main differences, pluses and minus once you have some time on the boat. Best of luck!

The Parker was great but it was a 97 and she had a two stroke on her so if I was to repower it would have cost me more than the boat was worth. I also had a walk around and honestly it was more than I needed on the river. I have a lift being put in and another small Whaler that I can fish with too. But my Parker wasn’t really made to pull the kids on a tube or relax and just ride around to the dock bars or to a restaurant. I wanted something that was a little easier to handle, newer, could cruise or take the kids tubing, but had to be able to fish with her too! I loved fishing on that boat and hope I enjoy it as much on the new Grady-White which I’m sure I will.

Anyway I had decided on a dual console after going to a boat show and was seriously considering buying a new Robalo dual console but they just don’t seem to age well to me. I am not knocking any other makes at all but something about the Grady was just screaming to me. I had been looking for quite a while and finally after quite a bit of frustration everything worked out.

The guy I sold her to lives just a ways down the river so it’s kind of cool I’ll still see her. It was a good boat but hindsight is always 20/20 and it really wasn’t the right type of boat for what my family and I are doing now.