Yet another scupper thread question…

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I was taking off the cheap plastic scuppers on my boat and was getting ready to install the stainless steel Seaworthy Innovations scuppers but noticed something when taking the old ones off. Somewhere along the way someone installed the metal scuppers in the back with the rubber scupper flapper that has the screw holding it in place. Then for some reason, instead of just replacing that flapper with the correct one, they installed the cheap plastic scuppers over the top and screwed 4 holes through the metal housing. Long story short, wondering if I can just add some of the correct new style rubber flappers to the metal housings with the screw holding them in place and then maybe add some 5200 to the holes and around the edges? With salmon season being a little over two weeks away, I’d rather not have to disassemble everything and start over. I’d rather not use the cheap plastic scuppers that I took off either. Another question that I have is, it looks like it’s just over an inch and a half for the hole, so would I need a 1 9/16” flapper or the 1 5/8” as it appears they make several different sizes? Thanks!

70272BB1-AFBE-4525-933E-9AA78CB7D4AE.jpegA8221D7E-8D04-4602-A205-462FE3B7AF4E.jpeg4CAF3F85-AA0C-4CED-9761-2567FA9D39F3.jpeg

Last edited:

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
People amaze me sometimes. With the time and money invested in the plastic ones and drilling 4 new holes,,, why would you not just order new flaps from Perko and fix the existing ones?? Go 4200,, as some day down the road you may want to do a complete replacement of your scuppers and 5200 would be hard to work with.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

georgemjr

Reaction score
New flapper (assuming you can get the screw out then any under water sealant. 5200 wont matter since it is only going in the stupid, drilled holes that the moron used for the flapper over flapper.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
People amaze me sometimes. With the time and money invested in the plastic ones and drilling 4 new holes,,, why would you not just order new flaps from Perko and fix the existing ones?? Go 4200,, as some day down the road you may want to do a complete replacement of your scuppers and 5200 would be hard to work with.
You and me both brother... you and me both. Good idea, I’ll use the 4200 instead. I’m assuming the center scupper in the transom is for the livewell as well as the wash down and that it doesn’t need a flapper In it? Also, is the rubber scupper flapper a 1 9/16” or a 1 5/8”? I don’t have my calipers up here but it looks like it’s just barely over 1 1/2”? Thanks!

Last edited:

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Your call. Mine does. If it's got a place for one, I'd put one on it, won't hurt anything.