2023 Adventure 218

Ready-Freddy

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Happy 4th of July to y'all south of the border.

Delivery day went smooth. Boat runs awesome. Rides like a Grady. I don't think the 200 with 100 gallons of fuel would be enough, 250 feels like minimum I'd want. It gets up real quick and need to adjust starboard trim tab to about 40% to compensate for the kicker. Very happy with kicker install and function of the kicker tie bar. no need to disconnect to trim independently.

We've owned a 282 Sailfish and 330 Express. I am surprised how similar this boat feels to both of them when its up on plane.

Its bolted through the swim platform, Stainless Tie bar is wrapped in loom and looks like fuel / electrical line. Very Tidy.

IMG_6506.jpgIMG_6507.jpgIMG_6510.jpg

Ready-Freddy

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Pilings at south end. Each finger on a float. There is a break water and its in a protected inlet so its not exposed to big water.

Coastboater

Reaction score
Looking through your pics again and noticed there are some pretty cool boats in your marina.
Is this an old Bertram?

Attachments

• IMG_0933.jpeg
    IMG_0933.jpeg
    879 KB · Views: 21

lbi1971

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Awesome, get the young ones hooked early!
I'm waiting to find out how gallons of water entered my 218 hull before I take her out again.

Peter A

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Looks pretty sweet! I picked up a 2021 208 this summer, love it. Perfect for me. I can see the evolution. More space between the (better seats), wider dash for the electronics. The jump seat cushions are set in, if you take a wave or spray that passenger won’t get so wet. Staying dry in the PNW is a higher priority than in summer NJ (I grew up in Seattle). I do like the mount for the cutting board/bbq. I know the cockpit is wider but the motor well looks deeper and the cockpit looks shorter (probably is not). I’ll be sticking a livewell in that spot aand a Yakima rain shower 7gal pressurized tank under the hardtop (I didn’t have the factory freshwater or livewell). Radar on top and a second bilge pump plus some way to spread rigs. You got me thinking about the grill though, on a Sandbar day in NJ the SUP is jammed on one side raid and a 6x6 floating dock (inflatable, partially deflated and folded in half) on the other side…my adult daughters/boyfriends love that stuff and would kill for a grill.

With the young kids the 218 transom is definitely easier and am thinking the cuddy is bigger? Amazing how this design squeezes in between two much-appreciated predecessors. Surprised the bowsprit isn’t offered on the 215, I find it really useful with the windlass on the 205 and it looks good.

Last edited:

Peter A

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
After seeing this thread I compared the 218 and 215. The 218 is roughly 500 lbs heavier than the 215.
I think you would regret not going with the 250 on a 218.
The 200hp on a 218 wot is 39mph. On a 215 it’s 42-43mph.
My 208 hardtop has a 200, good enough and good match, for the heavier 218 with a hardtop I’d go for a 250. I have a mech but I’d go digital if doing solo fishing (depending on how/where you fish), but pricey for the full EX setup and the V6!

Duke1903

Reaction score
Boat looks awesome! Can you tell me who manufactured your anchor roller?