265 Express/Suzuki DF200APXW2

max366

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I love the space between the motors for maintenance- especially compared to my F225s.

tilewave

Reaction score
hey Chuck , the motors look great on there so far ! im looking forward to hearing about the performance.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
So... they are very close to doing test runs. I should be taking delivery next week.
Today he's still trying to find the best position for the flexible cable for starboard motor. He wanted my opinion because its really tight in the original position.
I said you can move it to where ever the best position is. Use the old hole for transducer & underwater led cables.
He's toying with moving it higher or coming out of the old oil fill.
I said the sides don't have to match since the port side works well as is.

Here is the new dash. We moved the tabs and horn down to the key switch panel.
The Troll Mode switch is under the binnacle.
Kept a lot of empty space on the dash for things I might want to do later.
I am going to replace the switch panel, ditch the old oval switches for Contura II. Might get it from NewWire or maybe do it myself since I'm "workin' from home"...

t33bU1El.jpg

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Very sweet!
Nice shiny binnacle, and "rare" destroyer style wheel. Ya don't see those too much anymore ;)

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
how was the test run chuck ? the boat is looking real good !
they did a run with 3x16x21.5 . Didn't get enough rpm & mpg.. max 44mph@5500 1.3 mpg at top speed. He didn't do a full set of numbers because the top wasn't good.
They were putting 18s on when I was there to see what that end of the range does. .. Said he may go to the 4 blades

Last edited:

PrinceofThieves

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
they did a run with 3x16x22.5 . Didn't get enough rpm & mpg.. max 44mph@5500 1.3 mpg at top speed. He didn't do a full set of numbers because the top wasn't good.
They were putting 18s on when I was there to see what that end of the range does. .. Said he may go to the 4 blades

FYI - 3x15.25x19 was the best fit for my 265 w/ 250's.

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Love my Suzuki’s. I’ve owned 4 now. My FL salesman has 2 Also. We won’t be going to another brand anytime soon.

TUNAHUNTER197

Reaction score
Wow, Skunk they look great..congrats! Do you see any difference on how the hull sits on the water compared to the older motors? Do your scuppers drop below the waterline if you or a friend stands in the stern of the boat? She does look great! I also remember reading you can override the trim on the Zukes bringing them farther out of the water, is that the highest she can get her skegs dry? And did I mention, they look great!

bac0701

Reaction score
looks great man. Im over here doing a ton of work at the house and on the boat when I can. I can't wait to repower. I keep thinking about the 200 4's curious how it will be loaded down at cruise. There was a guy a few years ago on THT that did this repower and mentioned 4 blades being the ticket.

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
looks great man. Im over here doing a ton of work at the house and on the boat when I can. I can't wait to repower. I keep thinking about the 200 4's curious how it will be loaded down at cruise. There was a guy a few years ago on THT that did this repower and mentioned 4 blades being the ticket.
4 blades made all the difference I my boat. The Suzuki guys recommended the Power Tech props. Suzuki was or is in transition aeay from Solas to their own foundry. Solas (Suzuki) props are very soft. I know. I bent one and I was able to bend it back with a 12" pipe wrench on a bulkhead in a marina. That should require a press and heat. I hammered it right back in shape with a claw hammer and a 4x4. cup and all.
Plus if I jammed the throttles throttle forward. I would blow out. Not now. I jump on plane instantly. The boat also holds on plane at a lower speed.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Wow, Skunk they look great..congrats! Do you see any difference on how the hull sits on the water compared to the older motors? Do your scuppers drop below the waterline if you or a friend stands in the stern of the boat? She does look great! I also remember reading you can override the trim on the Zukes bringing them farther out of the water, is that the highest she can get her skegs dry? And did I mention, they look great!
I only stopped by to see what was up. I did not go onboard. Been trying to leave them alone to do it at their pace. They were actually walking down the dock with two new boxes of props. The scuppers were above water. Looked the same as the old motors. The boat is light right now. I'm pretty sure the motors go higher than that. My old zuke140 had a simple sensor adjustment for the tilt cutout. I'm hopeful they come all out of the water.. I'll know soon!!! The Yamahas were always wet.

Reactions: TUNAHUNTER197

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
It would be nice if they would tilt up and out of the water, especially since they are white.

Reactions: john b flood

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
to recap....
3 x16x 21.5 were too big.
3x16x18 were too small
3x16x20 were pretty good but he wanted to try and get another 100 rpm
So he tried the 4 x 15.25 x 20 props and they blew out.

Put the 3x16x20 props back on and we went for a test ride this afternoon!!. It was flat calm.
It jumps up to 30mph in no time.You can't dump it or it will slip.
So quiet you don't realize how fast you are going...remember, I'm coming from OX66s...

Maxed 41mph@5950 1.1 mpg. I didn't mess around with trim to get optimum.
playing with trim at 30 mph I was getting 1.8, I had it flirting with 2 mpg.
It is certainly going to cruise at 1.6 mpg or better in any conditions.

Coming from 1 mpg on my OX66s I am very happy.
:):):D:D:p:p

Oh, they don't tilt all the way out of the water. The steering cylinder hits the transom.:confused: Actually, the port motor could get up higher but he has them set to match.

Should be picking it up on Thursday.

Reactions: amf282