First boat

Irish eyes

Reaction score
Newly retired & longtime boater and sold my boat of 26 years last week it was a 23Proline walk around .Boating area is the Plymouth /Duxbury area .Actively looking for a used Grady dual console .Majority of the time I am solo fishing (not hard core ) and other times anchored up or sandbar hopping with wife & maybe another couple .Not to cheap out ,in the groups opinion would a 205 or 215 freedom or tournament be the correct size ? My budget is $65 K . Thank you .

Last edited:

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Newly retired & longtime boater and sold my boat of 26 years last week it was a 23Proline walk around .Boating area is the Plymouth /Duxbury area .Actively looking for a used Grady dual console .Majority of the time I am solo fishing (not hard core ) and other times anchored up or sandbar hopping with wife & maybe another couple .Not to cheap out ,in the groups opinion would a 205 or 215 freedom or tournament be the correct size ? My budget is $65 K . Thank you .
I'd go slightly bigger with the 225 Tournament/Freedom considering you just had a 23' Proline walkaround. I've got a GW 228 Seafarer and it's quite easy to launch/retrieve/fish/captain/etc by myself. I think going from a 23' walkaround like you did, down to a 205 DC Grady White would leave a bit left to be desired in terms of size and space. Especially if you take anyone out with you or have a moderate amount of gear on board.